Creative audio drivers

Finally able to get Creative audio drivers to install but like several others, none of the other Creative software will work.  And the worst thing, seems like every time I reboot I lose the audio drivers and have to reinstall them.  Also just took the Windows Update so don't know if that broke them again or the reboot that was required after the Update broke them.  Anyone else having trouble getting the Creative audio drivers to stick?  Forget about the other software, have an idea that will never work again since Creative is s-o-o-o slow in reworking them for any new OS.  Tried Daniel K's Creative pack which has always worked on other Windows versions--nothing for 10.  Probably about time to let this old sound card out to pasture--Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium Fatality Champion.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I don't think this is necessarily a Creative issue. I can only imagine that the resources for the card have been modified in such a way that the devices own software no longer sees the card in the system. I haven't had any issue at all with using the device in 9926 but I cannot control any of it's functions because the control apps wont launch.

As for putting it out to pasture. The problem there is there aren't any better options. Creative dropped the ball with sound cards about 10 years ago. I have the same card as you and I see no reason to replace it with something else.

I'm pretty confident this is a minor bug that will get fixed.

Thanks for the reply Jac70.  I would hate to put this card to rest--it is in its third or so build at this point.  Think I got it in 2009 maybe and really haven't seen anything I like better.  Love the front I/0 ports and controls.  Honestly though, the Creative software has always been one of the hardest things to get up and running.  It seems that something happens when I reboot--it is switching the headphones on or something--as you mentioned there's really no way to know what's happening since the rest of the Creative Suite can't be accessed.  At least the speakers start working again once I reinstall the drivers.  Hoping MS can get the bug worked out.
Just wanted to let you know, we are working on the Creative issues that popped up in 9926. There are several threads on this forum that mention them. Thanks!
John W [MSFT]
JohnW--thanks for the response,  I've started or posted to several of the Creative discussions.  Glad to see you all are working on a fix--realize the myriad hardware/software vendors will have to work on things also.  Can't even imagine the headache of trying to get all the various hardware and software on the planet to work with a new OS.  Audio is a minor problem in the larger scope of things but it is nice to have some sound with all the great graphics on Windows 10.
I agree, top quality video playback and top quality game rendering are amazing, but lousy sound spoils the experience! :-)
John W [MSFT]

I installed 10162 this morning. As with all previous builds this led to the Creative Console Launcher failing to see the XFi Titanium in the system. In all previous builds I have simply run the Daniel_K Support Pack - first time to uninstall current install and then again to reinstall along with the driver.

However this time it did not work. I did get sound and I ould at least launch the Creative Console Launcher but if I attempted to select 5.1 speakers the system seemed to forget about the XFi in the system. From that point there was no audio playback until another re-install of the Support Pack.

Rolled back to 10130 for now.

Solution for XFi users who could not get 5.1 audio on build 10162 even with the Daniel_K Support Pack.

Daniel has discovered why the problem occurs and posted a workaround. DK's Blog

I swear that Daniel K must be one of the sharpest tacks in the box--he always seems to be able to figure these things out while Creative and MS remain completely unknowing or uncaring.  For the moment I have thrown in the towel.  Built a new system and did not bother to install the old Creative X-Fi card at all.  Have decided to try the onboard Realtek--it is only meagerly better than the Creative situation.  Per Daniel, W10 really has some very basic audio problems from the bottom up--has had since the very beginning.  Lots of people are going to be quite unhappy when they upgrade, particularly those who haven't been following these forums and don't understand some of the workarounds--which shouldn't even be needed at this point.

My experience has been that since Vista,  MS and Creative have not been able to come up with a workable solution for drivers; we can thank Daniel K for his hard work.

Finally! Thanks for sharing that - I was on the verge of reverting to build 10130.

Well, Windows 10 went RTM a week ago and the same problems people had with very early builds remain there. -talking about Creative drivers here.

I upgraded my PC on the 29th of July only to find out the latest driver by Creative (SBXF_PCDRV_L11_2_30_0004.exe) does NOT work. No Creative software will launch either. Windows 10 renders all X-Fi's useless.

Creative states that new drivers will be available in August and September.

Also, in his blog, the well known developer daniel_k has come up with an unofficial working driver for all X-Fi's on Windows 10. This should suffice until Creative comes up with a solution.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 5, 2020 Views 759 Applies to: