Audio Problem With Updates KB3176495,KB3176934,KB3176938

After Windows Updates: KB3176495,KB3176934,KB3176938 My audio has been weird. I uninstalled All Sound devices and restarted. The sound problem persists and after listening to various things since the reboot I have more specifically identified the problem as audio sometimes or slowing down randomly. one Extreme instance of this also involved the Cursor lagging significantly for the duration of the audio slowdown. I have also noticed the Icons on the Windows taskbar at the bottom of the screen disappearing and reappearing fairly frequently. Does anyone know whats happening?

Question Info

Last updated January 28, 2019 Views 239 Applies to:

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

For the issue audio, try the steps provided on the article and check if this helps.

Fix sound problems

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/a183aa8b-0eac-4566-867a-98d2761a770d/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

For the issue with icon disappearing on the taskbar, I recommend you to update the display driver and check if this helps. 

1. Press Windows key + X and click on Device manager.

2. Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

3. Right click on the device and click on update.

Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm facing the same problem and During the jorney to solve it I restored my computer 3 times.

I contact dells support and together we tried to:

• Update the driver
  • Reinstall the driver
  • Uninstall the driver to using windows suggest drivers.
  • Remove the drivers to use the microsoft drivers.
  • Run sfc
  • Run Dell Assist Tools
  • Run Driver updates tools
  • Uninstalled the Windows updates.

None fixed the problem. 

And the issue is not on the sound card, since when I restore the system it works.

I'd like to know what would be the next steps.
Is Microsft  release a patch for the update that is breaking the audio?

Sorry this didn't help.

We've got a Dell Inspiron 7359 "2 in 1" and there is no audio output (headphones or internal speakers) after these updates. Any plans for an update to fix this? Also, let me say how utterly arrogant & idiotic a choice Microsoft made in not allowing users to choose to check for and downloads updates if and when _we_ want to. Now, we also cannot disable Cortana. Removing user choice seems to be the new direction for your Windows developers.

Sorry this didn't help.

habe ein ähnliches Problem und zwar wird mir seit dem im Info Center bei jedem Neustart von Windows angezeizeigt: Dolby Digital Plus wurde Deinstalliert da es mit dieser Windows Version nicht mehr kompatibel ist.

Dieses erscheint wie gesagt bei jeden Windows Neustart und das Beste daran ist, dass Dolby Digital wurde gar nicht Deinstalliert und Funzt Wunderbar, wie bekomme ich jetzt die Meldung im Info Center dauerhaft weck,  vor allem wenn es unter Benachrichtigungen nicht Angezeigt wird um es dort Einzustellen, hoffe das hier jemand Rat Weiß! 

Sorry this didn't help.