Amd driver for radeon hd 65500 graphics reports a weird name in windows 10

While trying to figure out why I wasn't getting the right graphics for another program I found out the current amd driver for windows 10 for radeon hd 65500 graphics gave a funny name P????L?? ? ?^??z??? even dxdiag gave the weird name which makes it hard for some programs to identify and maybe work with.

The file below shows a dxdiag log showing the wierd name. I had at one point uninstalled the driver and had windows 10 download and install it again but it didn't change it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/olphmqpge1c0cbb/DxDiag.txt?dl=0

Did I get a bad driver or could this be something on your or amd's end

Question Info

Last updated May 22, 2018 Views 724 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Waycomp, sorry I missed this and hadn't replied.  From everything we've seen this goes away if you completely remove the driver.  To do that you need to make sure you:

• Go into device manager and right click on the AMD adapter listed under display.
  • Click Uninstall.
  • Make sure to check the box to completely remove the driver software package.
  • Reboot
  • Let Windows update install the latest driver.

If after this you still have a problem I will look up the reg key and give you some additional steps.  Basically once the key is corrupted it persists through driver updates but if you completely remove the driver this should not be seen.  It will also not be seen by people that are newly upgrading to Windows 10 as they won't have installed the driver with the corrupted string.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.