HP hs2340 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband Module - not working

I've got HP ProBook 6560b with built-in HP (Ericsson) hs2340 Mobile Broadband card.

I can install drivers from Windows 7/8/8.1 and there is no error in Device Manager, but can't use it. I tried some "hacks" to installfew versions of HP Connection Manager in Windows 7/8 compatibility modes which states that "device is initializing..." and it goes on forever (or there about). Also tried several versions of drivers, no help.

Anyone know of a cure? Any suggestions?

Since the same laptop also refuses to connect to mobile hotspot of my Android phone, and refuses to connect to VPN, I'm starting to have doubts about Win 10 networking... but all of those work on another laptop (different hardware) also on Win 10 TP so I'll hold on my judgement for now.

Question Info

Last updated December 12, 2019 Views 17,023 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi LuxZg,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10 Technical Preview. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue might be due to “in-compatible device drivers”. Most of the Windows 8 and Windows 8.1compatibe device drives are working correctly on Windows 10 Technical Preview. Only few device manufacturer's like your's are facing these issues with respect to their drivers of not being compatible with the Windows 10 Technical Preview. 

As you have tried to fix the issue by installing device driver using the compatibility mode, I would recommend you to contact computer manufacturer for better help on this issue. Device manufacturer may come up with compatible device driver. This might help you in fixing the issue

Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need further help.

25 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you Ganesh for your time, I'll check with HP support.

EDIT: Since warranty is gone, I had to open a forum question that noone will probably answer, from my earlier experiences with HP... but if anyone wants to join here it is:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-HP-ProBook-ZBook/hs2340-not-working-in-Windows-10-Technical-Preview-HP-ProBook/td-p/6660136#.VFJ0jektDIU

Sorry this didn't help.

Since there was no news from HP (as expected) and I don't see any improvements from new builds and patches, I have to repeat this one again... any news about this?

I've also (re)posted the issue via built-in Windows Feedback tool, with following info:

"HP hs2340 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband Module Network Adapter - driver for W10 TP missing, using W7/W8 drivers does not work correctly, cannot activate device.
HW ID: USB\VID_03F0&PID_3A1D
This is Ericsson made hardware, tried drivers from HP and Ericsson (up to v.7.2.8.1) for both Win 7 and/or Win 8(.1), some can be installed but still cannot use this device to connect."

(with included screenshot)

Also, HP forum (linked in earlier reply) is still empty except for one more user reporting that this device does not work.

I'm currently on latest build with all WU patches applied and no changes.

Tried updating driver but there is no newer driver from MS Update.

I'd appreciate it if MS could escalate this through partner channels to HP & Ericsson support teams.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi LuxZg,

As Windows 10 Technical Preview is still in developmental stage, you may expected some compatibility issues as of now.

I recommend you join the Windows Insider Program to get more frequent preview builds and send your feedback straight to the people building Windows.

Once you’re an Insider, use the Windows Feedback app to tell us which features you love, which features you could do without, or when something could be better.

Refer to this article by “Nirmal S” to know more on “How to share feedback on Windows 10 Technical Preview?” : http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_tp-winipp/how-to-share-feedback-on-windows-10-technical/5e501781-a580-43e3-8926-40ae19343805

Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need further help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Setup a APN manually and it wil work.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

try to load bios defaults

i set a support request at hp and after resetting all bios defaults it works fine with latest (windows 8) drivers: sp66584.exe

happy trying and good look

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Hope this helps, mine is the hp 6560b and hp hs2340, I had the drivers (HP Probook 6560b Driver pack WIN 64bit installed correctly, with these drivers in win ten, device now working but still no connection, turns out, it was the sim card, needed to be changed to allow it to be just a data connection as well as a normal sim, get your simcard maker and asked them to walk you through it, I am with vodafone and they had me running in no time at all

Regards

Rezoloot

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same problem with my hp6560b and have done many things, other driver for hs2340 und hot-key driver, but i can't activate the cellular in windows 10,

here the solution:

loading the bios defaults, after this it still works fine, thanx to didu812 !!!

Information:

driver for hs2340 : sp66584 = 7.2.8.1 REV: B

driver for hotkey : sp56876 = 4.5.9.1(9 Mai 2012)

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem with Elitebook 8460p with hs2340 after migrating to Windows 10 Pro. Found the solution on Microsoft and HP communities.

1. reset your BIOS to default settings.

2. update the hs2340 driver in the Device Manager with sp66584

After a reboot Windows 10 even suggested the recommended Vodafone app for easy connection :o)

Good  luck!

Regards,

Peter

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Peter,

Thank you. Resetting my BIOS to default did the trick. I had previously wasted at least a day trying to fix this.

Regards,

Adam

Sorry this didn't help.