[FIXED in Build 15007] random BSODs with Windows 10 Build 14986 and 15002, and ASRock N68C-GS FX Mainboard.

this BSOD happens few seconds or few minutes after login to desktop, and only happens since Build 14986 and now with 15002 too.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Build 14986 is failing to get along with Windows 7 drivers, especially graphics drivers, that worked well up through build 14971. You didn't say, but I presume you're using the onboard graphics adapter.

In the case that I'm personally familiar with, the graphics driver is Nvidia, written for Windows Vista/7, with no newer Nvidia drivers available ... and the unit crashes a minute or two after login, yielding a variety of different error messages.

If that driver is deleted and replaced with the Windows basic graphics driver, the unit will keep running, but not with the desired resolution.

Since your machine crashes in a few seconds, one of the other drivers might be causing it, instead, so, if you can have time to delete the graphics driver before the crash, and then restart, you will be able to see.

If no newer graphics driver is available for the onboard adapter, you could change to an add on graphics card that uses a newer driver.

In our case, we restored the machine to build 14393, and all is well, there. (But it's a little Foxconn that only has a PCI slot, so we couldn't switch to a newer card.)

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

yes is with NVIDIA onboard graphic card, and yes it was working fine with all the older builds upto 14971, BSOD only happens with 14986.

and yes using Windows basic graphics driver is a workaround option, but sadly it does not support 1080p so the image aspect is stretched and wrong.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, then, it looks like you're in the situation of choosing between adding a graphics board and going back to build 14393 with that machine.
Edit: Have you checked to make sure there is not a newer driver available for the onboard graphics?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm using the latest Win 8 driver 309.08-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql

for now I have to use build 14971 and disable Insider builds until Microsoft fix the bug.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

OK, I suppose we'll see a new build in the next day or so.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

sadly random BSODs continue happening with Build 15002.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry ... I know that several testers continue to view the outdated graphics driver issue as a build bug, and to hold out hope that Microsoft will fix it, but I don't see it as such, and, I don't believe that Microsoft does, either, so I would be surprised if we see that happen.

If one waits long enough to add a viable graphics board, there won't be any available, so replacing the motherboard becomes the only option (other than staying with 14393.xxx), and that will mean buying a license, etc, etc.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

seems the BSODs have been fixed in Build 15007, I'm using this build now and no BSODs atm.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry ... I know that several testers continue to view the outdated graphics driver issue as a build bug, and to hold out hope that Microsoft will fix it, but I don't see it as such, and, I don't believe that Microsoft does, either, so I would be surprised if we see that happen.

If one waits long enough to add a viable graphics board, there won't be any available, so replacing the motherboard becomes the only option (other than staying with 14393.xxx), and that will mean buying a license, etc, etc.

MS have casued the problem, i cant use my insider VM test box now as each time it hits the desktop it hangs then thows any random of BSOD erros (my system works fine if i use command line boot only, so its somthing on the desktop that is visualy casusing the crash)

if i can manage to stay stable long enough i try the 15007 build see if its fixed (try to get rid of the Video driver i guess)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

well i don't get a BSOD any more on 15019 its just a black screen when i install the video driver (VMware hdd activety light is working but)

the VMware ones in this case, and the safe mode is unusable mostly as start menu is crashing and reloading constantly(not sure what is doing it), but was able to use taskmanager to access computer management to uninstall video driver and use basic ones (this is not a video driver that is causing the incompatibility its somthing MS has changed that has broken made the incompatibility)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 244 Applies to: