Just wanted to report my detailed feedback on what's wrong with W10 on my Surface Pro 3, for me.
UPDATE 9 (Final Build - 10240 + Patch 6 / 09/09/2015)
What's still broken and/or must be improved:
- Tablet Mode: When choosing/resuming opened and multitasked apps from "Task View" preview (clicking or tapping), there's an ugly "white flashing" during the resuming animation and before we can see again the application full screen. It's very jarring and bad to see;
- Tablet Mode: When the system was in "Connected Standby" for too long, after resuming and going to "Task View" almost all the preview thumbnail are gone/glitched, and only the opened apps Titles remain: very ugly to see;
- Tablet Mode: Swipe down thumbnails preview to close Apps in "Task View" is missing (inconsistency with touch usage compared to Windows 10 Mobile);
- Surface Pro 3 Only: turning on the device a "white flash" appears both on first bios loading, and just before Windows Log-in screen. It seems Intel GPU Drivers problem;
- Tablet Mode (Always on, never prompt): Almost on every boot Start Screen does not appear if there's some legacy desktop program loading in system tray and showing legacy notifications (for example: AdGuard Desktop). The only way to let show it up is tapping many times on Start or exiting/re-entering Tablet Mode from Action Center. Very frustrating;
- Wi-Fi strenght is unreliable (Speedtest.net performance is flacky while it was rock solid on 8.1 on the same device and environment). New FullHD streaming stuttering arise (where I never had that problem before on same network);
- Edge often consumes A LOT of CPU and RAM usage (with very few tabs opened);
- Just starting typing on "Start Screen" (Tablet Mode) does not trigger Searching in Cortana. This is a regression compared to the immediate 8.1 Start Screen typing/searching experience;
- (Not so new but) We ABSOLUTELY NEED: Edge swiping gestures (back/forward) in Tablet Mode + Full Screen Mode (similar to Metro.IE11) while in Tablet Mode;
- Calendar Live Tile doesn't update itself (Tablet Mode);
- Native Maps app doesn't have transit Bus/Metro paths, but only on Foot and Car (Italy);
- Tablet Mode: when opening File Explorer or any legacy desktop program/window there is a "double-animation" of the window opening in full screen. Annoying;
- Lock Password Image "blinks to white" before I can enter my image password, I assume it's a bug. Never seen something like that on 8/8.1;
- When rebooting, it often appears a window saying "Waiting for the programs to close before rebooting". Very Windows 7-Style and annoying, never seen something like that in 8/8.1;
- In Tablet Mode, clicking with a mouse/trackpad on Task Bar buttons often does not register clicks, and need to be clicked 2/3 times before it register. Works fine with touch instead (it seems a bug with the "pop-up tooltip" when the mouse cursor pass by);
- "Searchindexer.exe" crashes a lot in Reliability Monitor, and it often hangs for a while active windows;
- Opening Apps in Tablet Mode with "auto-hide taskbar" enabled shows for 1-2 seconds taskbar on apps splash-screen, it's a bit ugly;
- In Tablet Mode on boot, sometime there's no "Start Screen" animation, but after log-in it just blinks black, and Start Screen is there. A regression to the beautiful entering of 8.1 Start Screen.
- Full Screen/Immersive Edge is STILL missing (auto-hiding and animated menu bar / address / favourites bar while scrolling + Swipe Back/Forward like Metro.IE11);
- Official support of TPLs (Tracking Protection Lists) inside Edge settings pane is STILL missing (manual hack doesn't work anymore);
- We need better Multi-Display support (Tablet Mode on one display, Desktop on another for example);
- We need 3+ Snappable Apps in Tablet mode.
- "Auto-Hide Taskbar" setting independent between Tablet Mode and Desktop mode (with independent Sync between devices) is missing;
- We need the option to disable the hamburger menu at start screen in Tablet mode;
- In notification/action center we need the option to adjust brightness level from 0-100% just like charm bar;
- We need the option completely disable the taskbar at start screen in Tablet Mode;
- We need Fix for the switching language on touch keyboard just like ios/android keyboard behavior;
- We need Swipe Virtual Keyboard like Windows Mobile 10 (WordFlow);
- Import Metro.IE Web Live Tiles into Edge Web Live Tiles missing;
- We need Improvement to snapping with mouse while in Tablet Mode.
- 8.1 Start Screen will not transfer over to Windows 10. Not only does 10 make no effort to import my Start Screen, it no longer supports key features of it:
* Tile sets are limited to 1 large and 1 medium tile wide. Some of my groups are 3 large tiles wide
* Web site live tiles no longer show live RSS content consistently - some sites work, others don't
* Start backgrounds are no longer supported
* Start colors are not customizable -- they follow the accent color
- In tablet mode, opening a new app when two others are snapped erases the snap relationship requiring the user to re-snap apps (i.e. the app opens full screen instead of asking for a target pane like in 8.1).
- Resizable snap is only available in Tablet mode, and Tablet mode is not available when using multiple monitors
- Resizable snap and resizable desktop windows are now mutually exclusive. Allow option to resize desktop apps in tablet mode.
- 8.1 allowed snapping from the task list but the task view that replaces it does not allow snapping. Snapping is also impossible from the task bar.
- In Tablet mode, snap is limited to two panes per monitor -- down from four in 8.1
PLEASE, now SHARE this list inside your W10 "Feedback App" (adding all your personal issues too).
That's the only way for MS to REALLY notices us.
Other Suggestions with a Concept Image (Thanks Joseph-WilfriedRosenbaum ):
Vote on official WINDOWS UserVoice website:
Here (12.120+ public Votes)
Here (3.330+ public Votes)
Here (I opened this, 790+ public Votes)
Here (570+ public Votes)
and (this is new, even reporting this Discussion!)
We're almost 25.000+ Insider requesting "Tablet Mode" Improvements right now!!!