Discussion

Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10074 is now available

The newest build, 10074, is now available. This build is named Windows 10 Insider Preview (instead of Technical Preview). We’ve made some UI improvements in this build, and fixed some issues:

• You can now launch Win32 (desktop) apps from the Start menu again.
  • Music can be downloaded in the Xbox Music and Music Preview apps.
  • When you minimize an app that is playing audio, the audio will continue to play now.

This is a preview version, so there are some known issues. The following issues are already fixed in update KB 3061161:

• The Start menu and Cortana do not open on Windows 10 Insider Preview after upgrading from Windows 10 Technical Preview
  • Updated versions of preinstalled apps might not install with error 0x8004264A after upgrading to Windows 10 Insider Preview
  • Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth radio controllers might not function and indicate a Code 43 error in Device Manager
  • This update enables the Dolby Digital Plus codec

Some other known issues we are investigating:

We hope you enjoy the new build. Please do provide feedback on it through the Windows Feedback app.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yep. Already told people over an hour ago in this post. 

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/build-10074-esd-found-and-is-working/61003531-99ca-40db-a36b-607609f11a7d?page=7

So,

I am having no issues with Project Spartan / Microsoft Edge.

Project Spartan was not pinned, but I pinned it easily.

That's great about the Dolby codec.

I downloaded it yesterday.....

So I've had time to search the build to see what's new. 

If this answers your Question, Please Click "Mark as Answer." I have experience with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1, 10, and Windows Insider Preview.

Where is Edge? Spartan still sucks.

Microsoft Edge will be released in a future build.
If this answers your Question, Please Click "Mark as Answer." I have experience with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1, 10, and Windows Insider Preview.

Microsoft Edge will be released in a future build.

That stinks. So it was a tease for nothing. Many of use were excited for this build because of Edge among other things. Ok I'll continue to NOT use Spartan because it is still terrible and 10074 is the 3rd version I've used that didn't address ANY concerns I sent feedback on.

Edge is available in IE. Enable Experimental Web Platform Features in about:flags

It wasn't a tease for nothing, where else was Microsoft going to announce it? Have you seen the logo?

If you want Edge, check out Project Spartan. It has a lot of the same features.

For Mac and Parallels users...The Tech Preview is totally broken (or I should say the Parallel's Tools are broken). If you install it will Parallel Tools, you will not be able to:

1. Open the Start Menu :-( Awesomely Sucks!

2. Can't open anything from the Mac Volume.

Well, trying it without Parallels tools to see what type of experience I get; my guess is that the screen is going to suck (because of graphics drivers), but hopefully everything else works. Otherwise, I am going to use my Azure credit to install a VM and see what happens. So, far, very Un-Impressed.

Use Virtualbox. Works great with Windows 10.

Edge is available in IE. Enable Experimental Web Platform Features in about:flags

enabled Experimental Web Platform Features( was on automatic but switched it to enable ) I still don't see it though

Discussion Info

Views: 13,386 Last updated: May 8, 2018 Applies to: