Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10074 is now available

The newest build, 10074, is now available. This build is named Windows 10 Insider Preview (instead of Technical Preview). We’ve made some UI improvements in this build, and fixed some issues:

• You can now launch Win32 (desktop) apps from the Start menu again.
  • Music can be downloaded in the Xbox Music and Music Preview apps.
  • When you minimize an app that is playing audio, the audio will continue to play now.

This is a preview version, so there are some known issues. The following issues are already fixed in update KB 3061161:

• The Start menu and Cortana do not open on Windows 10 Insider Preview after upgrading from Windows 10 Technical Preview
  • Updated versions of preinstalled apps might not install with error 0x8004264A after upgrading to Windows 10 Insider Preview
  • Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth radio controllers might not function and indicate a Code 43 error in Device Manager
  • This update enables the Dolby Digital Plus codec

Some other known issues we are investigating:

We hope you enjoy the new build. Please do provide feedback on it through the Windows Feedback app.

Discussion Info

Last updated October 10, 2018 Views 13,498 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Then use Internet explorer and download Firefox...I always have firefox setup in my back-up disk so I don't need to download it each time.*john
mine...I'm out-of date.
True ... a beatiful solution ... if I can not access the Internet ... you tell me from another computer ... and so ... beautiful answer true
Don't use spartan...use Firefox...*john
mine...I'm out-of date.

Project Spartan crash when launched

I passed the desire to explore windows 10 :((

same here
Go to file explorer and click to this PC. On the top, you will see pc settings/purple square with a white gear
Start Menu is not working and can't get to Windows Update in KB 3061161 because the notification center seems inaccessible, from touchscreen or mouse. Windows Update is no longer in the Control Panel, so is there a direct way to access the new Settings? Seems like Settings should be an option with right click on start menu.

You can Access Windows Update executing this command:

%windir%\system32\wuapp.exe startmenu

also you can download directly the packacge:

x64 = <removed>

x86 = <removed>

Regards

Smitty...there was a whole page of questions and great answeres this afternoon May 6 2015 and I just tried to check and they are all gone except for one!...is someone cleaning up usefull information pertaining to early builds of 10074 installations?.*john

I have split reply posts stating they are experiencing issues with Build 10074 so they can receive the help they need for the issue they are experiencing.  I will continue to move reply posts as necessary.

This thread title is:  Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10074 is now available

In Babu V's initial post he stated:  Please do provide feedback on it through the Windows Feedback app.

Feedback includes issues with for example, start menu or Cortana. 

If you'd like to see where some of the threads went, click on your User Name.  You will see the newly re-titled threads with your reply post.

Pat P.
Smitty...there was a whole page of questions and great answeres this afternoon May 6 2015 and I just tried to check and they are all gone except for one!...is someone cleaning up usefull information pertaining to early builds of 10074 installations?.*john
mine...I'm out-of date.
I had problems with my Remote Mouse functions...all was very slow and delayed  drove me nuts!...however I found now all is good after Update KB3061161...I even tried the mouse system on another PC  and it worked fine there...so this update worked great!...look for it if you have not got it yet...check for updates thru out the day everyday.*john
mine...I'm out-of date.