restart issues with build 14295

since installing the latest build when I try to restart the PC just continuously says restarting. Previous builds didn't have this problem.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2018 Views 164 Applies to:

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would recommend you properly shutdown individual program before you shut down or restart Windows. Try performing a clean boot to make sure there is not interference or conflict with any program or your PC causing some program not to shut down properly.

Method 1: To set the computer in clean boot, follow the steps from the link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps from section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting” to reset the computer to start as usual.

Method 2: Download Microsoft Safety Scanner, then scan your computer for virus and malwares then check how it works.

You can download Microsoft Safety Scanner from the link http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Let us know how it goes, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank & Regards,

SuJata Moktan.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Do a  Hard Reset  hold the power button down until system shuts down, reboot and see if problem is fixed, as you posted no info about your system that is the best I can give you for help.
I'm a unpaid independent Advisor/volunteer

Sorry this didn't help.

since installing the latest build when I try to restart the PC just continuously says restarting. Previous builds didn't have this problem.

Yes, build 14291 did have this issue for a few of us.

Mine also involved Shutdown.

I rolled back to 14279, upgraded to 14295 and all is fine here.

Please mark my posts as answers or helpful if they are.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks,

My system is a standard PC. The only difference is that I have SSDs instead of normal drives. I have never experienced this issue since the start of the insider program. I don't change anything on my PC from one build to the next, simply to monitor performance etc..

...and I have another PC, which behaves perfectly, and has almost the same apps and settings.

What I get is the message that I should return and finish what I was doing before restarting. I get that message every time, and it also shows the cancel option. It doesn't matter which option I click on, it then goes through a startup.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the suggestion. I performed this task fully, but the same problem persists.

I also re-installed the previous build when the problem started and it still did the same. So I have upgraded to the latest build 14295, and await a solution.

Thanks again for your support.

Sorry this didn't help.

I too have the same issue was running 14291 and re-started to upgrade to 14295 when I came back system runs through start-up trouble shooter and never starts. Can't enter safe mode, can't roll back and I can't re-set. I can get the command line up but it is not as useful as it once was. In MS initial response Method 1 is impossible as I cant get into windows. Is there a way to do that from the command line? I assume the problem was in the upgrade itself as when I checked the version in the CMD line it stated 14291

This is an older computer and it has been on Insider Preview for about a year. Never had any problems receiving updates. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I would recommend you properly shutdown individual program before you shut down or restart Windows. Try performing a clean boot to make sure there is not interference or conflict with any program or your PC causing some program not to shut down properly.

Disclaimer: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps from section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting” to reset the computer to start as usual.

Method 2: Download Microsoft Safety Scanner, then scan your computer for virus and malwares then check how it works.

You can download Microsoft Safety Scanner from the link http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

I have done all the things you suggested as well as the others who have responded, but the problem persists.

I waited until the latest build, 14316, to see if it had changed but it has not. On restarting it throws up a message to say, go back and finish etc,,and that message came with the build before 14295, before that it worked perfectly. I have changed nothing on my PC since I started this programme in order to test it fully. I am of the opinion that it has to be something in the builds.

Thx for your time, 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

You may be pleased to hear that this problem has now been resolved with the latest Insider Build 14328. My PC now restarts, shuts down and sleeps as it had done in previous builds. Let's hope it stays.

Sorry this didn't help.