Programs autostart after boot in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Hi,

In this build I have a problem with Chrome and NordVPN. When I turn off the PC and I log in the next day, it recovers the lastest pages visited in Chrome and it open automatically NordVPN I have fast statup disabled and the option "use my login info for complete updates" disabled and the problem is still here. I'm facing this issue since 16251

Here's the steps that I performed : 

1. Configuring registries : 

regedit > hkey local machine > system > current control set  > control > session manager > memory management
Enable "Prefetchers" and Modify it to "1"
2. Disable third party application services running : 

-press windows logo button + r then type in : msconfig
-then please go to "Services" tab
-And then select the box that says "Hide all Microsoft services"
-Then hit "Apply" and "Ok"

I can't perform a System Restore or Create another user. I want a fix (if possible in the user that I'm using now)

Is there any way for fix it?

Thanks

EDIT: This is a new feature of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. We need to get this changed soon.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Not sure I would put it that way...

"I see that shutdown.exe now has a new switch"

"NEW" is pushing things a bit...  Note articles like this one from October 13th, 2016...  

https://www.howtogeek.com/275739/what-is-the-difference-between-shutdown-r-and-shutdown-g-in-windows/

... and that's no where near the first mention, consider this article from August 14th, 2011...

http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/sasha/2011/08/14/restart-windows-and-restart-all-registered-applications-shutdown-g/

.-
Shenan Stanley
MVP 2005-2011 & 2013-2015
Insider MVP 2016-
.-

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Okay, let's say that it's new to me.

I stand by the rest of my comments. Restarting apps after a reboot should be an option and not the default behavior. 

And the setting that enables/disables that functionality should be clearly described as managing registered apps upon reboot and not a "allow Windows update to complete" signin setting.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

... there was a reason I only mentioned the given part ...

(That would be I wasn't discussing/disputing/confirming/etc. any of the rest.)

.-
Shenan Stanley
MVP 2005-2011 & 2013-2015
Insider MVP 2016-
.-

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you help Yong Rhee and the MS program managers to see the light and get this fixed?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is NOT fixed. 

Luckily, I use Start10 on my Windows 10 Pro computer and it forces the normal shutdown/reboot that has always been part of Windows until recently.  Plus, I always shut down running programs before rebooting as that is correct behavior but, occasionally, I forget something like Notepad and I expect Windows to stop the reboot and tell me I need to first shutdown the program that is still running.  This is normal Windows behavior and Microsoft should NEVER have tampered with it!

However, if I were to use Microsoft Start instead of Start10, EVEN WITH THE SETTING discussed here as a "solution" checked in Settings, that solution does NOT apply for my computer. 

I use a Local Account and I have NO password for the account as it is not needed on my desktop computer located where no one else can access it.  NO signin options (including privacy) apply because I have no password on the account.  So, the setting ("Use my signin information to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart") that I see because I now have 1709/16299.334 does not apply!

Microsoft needs to remove this so called "fix" from being a part of "signin" options.  Why is it located under "privacy" anyway?  No one ever sees me using my computer.

This is NOT a privacy issue!  It has to do with FUNDAMENTAL BEHAVIOR of Windows and and there should not even be a choice in what happens when the user chooses to reboot. Reboot or Start after a Shutdown should ALWAYS be CLEAN.  Microsoft needs to remove this stupid setting ENTIRELY.  At least remove it completely from Desktop computers which generally run 24/7/365 and are rebooted only when a reboot is needed and that means that the reboot needs to be CLEAN to fix whatever caused a reboot to be needed.  Even with Windows 10 Pro full user control of Windows Updates can be achieved so Windows suddenly updating and rebooting doesn't occur so that scenario is not even a decent reason for Microsoft to abandon normal Windows behavior when rebooting and then after many complaints try to fix it only for users who use passwords on their accounts! 

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

As this thread has run its course, I would be locking this thread for further replies.

The people who want to get it changed, should file a feedback in Feedback hub:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7054-send-feedback-microsoft-windows-10-a.html

You can start a new thread if you need to discuss it more.

Sumit

Windows Insider MVP 2018-current and Moderator
Dell Inspiron 5590 - i5 10210U/12GB DDR4/ 4GB Nvidia MX230/ 512GB nvme
https://www.yourwindowsguide.com

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 10, 2020 Views 80,748 Applies to: