No Start Menu, No Expansion of Notification Panel, no Taskbar Settings

Surface 3
Windows 10 Insider Preview 14376

After working on my Surface 3 last night, as of this morning, I cannot open the Start menu when I click on it or when I press the Windows key on my keyboard. Nothing happens when I right-click on the "window" button. The same is true trying to expand Notifications. I can right-click on the Notification Panel, but when I select Open Action Center, nothing comes up. Hitting the Arrow for the System Tray works as expected. Right-clicking on the TaskBar and selecting Settings gets me nothing. Nothing happens when I click on the Cortana icon. The two applications I have pinned to the tray open - Explorer and Chrome. Apps in the SysTray work (i.e. TeamViewer). Clicking on the WiFi icon does nothing. Right-clicking on it and selecting Open Network and Sharing Center works.

I have access to Windows-R to bring up Run, but I don't know what to type to bring up the Action Center. I want to revert from this version, but cannot.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2018 Views 33 Applies to:

Hi Sean,

In the response to the information given by you, please try to do a system restore and check if the issue persists.

1. On your lock screen, click on the power button and press shift + restart.

2. After that, you will be redirect to an option screen.

3. Then in the options screen, select Troubleshoot>advanced option> System Restore.

4. Follow on screen instruction.

DISCLAIMER:

When you use System Restore to restore the computer to a previous state, programs and updates that you installed are removed.

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.