Lost Windows Feedback App in build 14926

Quick download and install of current build and thought everything went OK--now find that the Windows Feedback App is missing.  Anyone else?  Tried hunting it in the add-an-app like we had to do in the past.  Not there either.
|

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Feedback Hub is no longer an "add-in" app.  It is now in the Store.  Open the store and search on "Feedback Hub" and download it.  Be sure to file feedback about your experience once you have the app installed again.  This sort of thing is mentioned in the Known Issues in Build 14926 blog.
Colin Barnhorst

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for the info.  Store is the first thing I uninstall in every build as I've had no need for it (along with every other App for the most part).  Couldn't read the Known Issues Blog since I didn't have the Feedback App.  Not sure I'll bother getting it.  If MS wants any feedback from me they can get it another way.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That philosophy works fine in the release build (14393) but since this is a prerelease build in which bugs are expected and feedback desirable, I suggest you reconsider and take a more flexible approach to preview builds.  Microsoft can use the feedback and others of us can upvote yours as well as file our own.
Colin Barnhorst

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Just in checking about the Hub I noticed that all of the apps that I had uninstalled in 14915 did not reappear as they have done in the past builds.
I did not look much but Get Office app is in the Store.
-----------
If this answers your question - Then mark it so. Then others may find it.
---------------
Around computers
since 1952
lacrumb

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Reinstalled the store just to get the Feedback app so I could vent to MS about removing the feedback app in a preview version that begs for feedback!  Not sure the reason they make it more difficult now to give feedback.  Uninstalled the store and the rest of the useless to me apps after getting the feedback app safely pinned to the taskbar.

Never did find anything that said to look for the missing feedback app in the current build.  It was just gone when the OS installed.  No mention of how to get it or where to find it.  So now that I've installed the feedback app will they leave it alone on the next build?  That seems to be where they are going with this--not reinstalling apps we've removed--what about apps we've installed?  Will they stay?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You do know, don't you, that you don't have to have the Store installed.  You can use the web. 

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/home

And click "Apps" in the menu bar.

Colin Barnhorst

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Tried loading the feedback app from the store online but it wouldn't download and install.  Not a big deal to install the store and get the app from there--have another program to install/uninstall W10 apps at will.    Windows 10 has left me underwhelmed with most of the stuff it has added.  I just want a basic OS to run my computer.  Have a plethora of preferred program that do the things I want/need done.  Still have W7 installed as the daily driver; the insider's preview stuff is just to keep up with where Windows is going.  Keep hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised but so far our paths seem to be diverging.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 59 Applies to: