If only foresight was 20/20 as hindsight is...

For all of you Windows Insiders out there do yourself a huge favor and write up all of your Feedback in a text file first and keep a copy of everything you submit!!!

I spent around 12 hours today testing out build 10162 which I installed late yesterday afternoon. In that 12 hour time span I wrote roughly (I'm guessing) about 30 different feedback in various categories and only about 6 of them appear when I search for them using the "My Feedback" or "My build" or "Recent" filters.  The few that appear were written this morning. It's been quite a few hours since I have seen any of my feedback.

Coincidentally and perhaps because of... the Insider Hub "Feedback activity" count hasn't updated either.  I think I started with 72 or so this morning (not quite sure) but it only says 79 now and has for many hours now.  Again I wrote at least 30 today and I think also about 12 or so last night. The count I am guessing should be at least around 120 or so thereabouts.

I am a very detailed person, I'm a good person and I try to be helpful. I am not a critical or negative person so I see no reason any of my feedback would have been reported so I don't think that's why my feedback is missing from search results. I don't know, perhaps there is a hidden and artificial limit on the number of feedback a person can write per day or per time-frame but I am very disappointed and I am now a sad Insider because I feel I wasted so much of my time because I don't seem to have anything to show for my contribution and time spent trying to be helpful.

If I had only had the foresight to keep a copy of my submissions I could have just tried to resubmit another day but well....hindsight works better than foresight, at least for me I guess.

Anyhow, my day is shot and I'm bummed that all of this was for naught.

Be careful out there, the Feedback world can be cruel!

/end melodramatic music and sad face

EDIT:  When you search for categories in this Insider forum there are many more categories to choose from, but when submitting this post there were no appropriate "Topic and Apps" category for me to choose.  I would have chosen "Feedback App" or "Apps" something like that but that was not an available choice so I choose this "Desktop And Start" category.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have noticed that the response to numbers in the Hub is not the fastest.  Feed back also has some problems of not posting items but they say that they do get them.
-----------
If this answers your question - Then mark it so. Then others may find it.
---------------
Around computers
since 1952
lacrumb

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

I have noticed that the response to numbers in the Hub is not the fastest.  Feed back also has some problems of not posting items but they say that they do get them.

Thanks LawrenceCrumb.  I do hope you're right.

EDIT: I just checked and my Insider Hub "Feedback activity" count is still at 79.  I was hoping that after a few hours the count would correct itself but so far it hasn't.  Frankly I feel a bit discouraged now about continuing on as a participating (contributing) Insider.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree that the delay between writing new feedback and it appearing can be anything from almost immediate to quite a long time. But I have never checked to see if ALL my feedback actually has appeared. Quite remiss of me.

My feedback count is approx. 50 and I'm not sure if that is correct or not. Instinct says it's low, but.......

Your count however seems very skewed. The only thing that I can suggest is that you send this as feedback. (pun intended)

Apparently I will need min. 16GB RAM for Win 12 perhaps even 32 GB RAM.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

EDIT:  When you search for categories in this Insider forum there are many more categories to choose from, but when submitting this post there were no appropriate "Topic and Apps" category for me to choose.  I would have chosen "Feedback App" or "Apps" something like that but that was not an available choice so I choose this "Desktop And Start" category.

Try this page

For some reason the feedback app is in a category under 'Insider > Apps', and not under 'W10TP'.  I don't know if you will find it any more worthwhile posting there...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

serverload will be high.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Don't be bummed,Mark.  You did the "insider" thing now relax and enjoy

the long holiday weekend.  Those rascals in Redmond are paying attention.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Try this page

For some reason the feedback app is in a category under 'Insider > Apps', and not under 'W10TP'.  I don't know if you will find it any more worthwhile posting there...

Thank you very much Martin Gerhold.  I will try re-posting this over there later this afternoon.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Don't be bummed,Mark.  You did the "insider" thing now relax and enjoy

the long holiday weekend.  Those rascals in Redmond are paying attention.

Thank you for the sentiment GoNonpro.  

Does the Windows team actually get the feedback themselves regardless if it shows up in the Feedback app for other Insiders to see or not? I have no clue.  Each feedback I sent gave me the regular "Thank you." comment but after hours of waiting and not seeing it in the live feed that we all read and upvote, I have my doubts of them ever appearing to see the light of day.  I just kick myself for not keeping a second copy for use as a backup.

I wrote so many feedback I cannot possibly remember it all, not even close. I would be okay having a do-over and re-writing everything but I just can't recall everything I commented about. The whole point was share our findings and to get everyone to collaborate. Now all that work and time has been lost.  Most of the time I did a search before I wrote a feedback so I wouldn't add to the redundancy we all see so much of, -- so much of what I wrote was the first time an issue may have been brought to everyone's attention and now they are lost in limbo. What a waste of resources that may have proved helpful.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There was a time when you could put in feedback and it would not shor and you coud not see any improvements when you upvoted.  One of the engineers got on to the Insider Hub and stated that they were having trouble with the server but they were receiving the feedback.
-----------
If this answers your question - Then mark it so. Then others may find it.
---------------
Around computers
since 1952
lacrumb

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

One thing we all need to remember, there is quite a bit of Telemetry in all

of these preview builds. Digging around in the filesystem after every new

build I can say for sure that the MS team KNOWS what your windows OS

is doing at any given moment as long as there is an internet connection.

In fact, more so than in previous beta programs.

Feedback is our personal experience, less important than hard data to

a bunch of engineers.

Also, since the "insider" preview build program will continue long after

commercial release;  much more pos/neg feedback will flow to MS.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 97 Applies to: