Build 14926: Text in all native Windows desktop apps is not displayed, only featureless blocks.

As you can see in the pictures, native Windows text is not displayed, only featureless blocks; this affects all notifications, all settings windows, the start menu, calculator, photos app, Edge, and the Feedback Hub. This problem was introduced in build 14915 and even after updating to 14926.rs_prerelease.160910-1529 it still affects me. Please address this issue.

Display adapter is Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.0) and its driver is version 8.15.10.2697

Error message: Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2772&SUBSYS_01AD1028&REV_02\3&172e68dd&0&10 requires further installation.

|
Answer
Answer

14942 is out.

i still have the same issue up to the current build 14946.

I found there is a weak dependency to igkrng400.bin when DX9 or DX10 isn't triggered in the installation configuration on intel drivers the newer builds are missing certain D3D routines in XAML

this is why there is the garbled modern apps

this is my GPU in the inf file

[i945G0]
FeatureScore=E3
DelFiles=CUI.DelFiles
CopyFiles=igfx.Miniport, igfx.UserMode, Opm.Copy, igfx.UMWow
AddReg = igfx_SoftwareDeviceSettings, igfx_SoftwareCommonSettings
AddReg = OEMStaticMode_AddSwSettings, HotPlug_AddSwSettings, Underscan_AddSwSettings, NonEDIDMode_AddSwSettings, DynamicScaling_AddSwSettings, BitBashingSupport_AddSwSettings, SdvoDdcEdidRead_AddSwSettings, PipeOptimization_AddSwSettings, EnableInterlacedModeRemoval_AddSwSettings, ForceBorderForMAR_AddSwSettings
DelReg = igfx_RemoveDeviceSettings, CUI.DelReg, CUISDK.DelReg
DelReg = OEMStaticMode_DelSwSettings, HotPlug_DelSwSettings, Underscan_DelSwSettings, NonEDIDMode_DelSwSettings, DynamicScaling_DelSwSettings, BitBashingSupport_DelSwSettings, SdvoDdcEdidRead_DelSwSettings, PipeOptimization_DelSwSettings, EnableInterlacedModeRemoval_DelSwSettings, ForceBorderForMAR_DelSwSettings

and here is the oldest chipset that will not have this bug

;
; Broadwater SKUs that supports DX9
;
[i965G0]
FeatureScore=E3
DelFiles=CUI.DelFiles
CopyFiles=igfx.Miniport, igfx.UserMode, MedKrnG400.Copy, MedKrnG400.Copy32, Opm.Copy, igfx.UMWow
AddReg = igfx_SoftwareDX9Settings, igfx_SoftwareCommonSettings
AddReg = OEMStaticMode_AddSwSettings, HotPlug_AddSwSettings, Underscan_AddSwSettings, SDVOHDMI_VSI_AddSwSettings, NonEDIDMode_AddSwSettings, DynamicScaling_AddSwSettings, Enable3DContexts_AddSwSettings, BitBashingSupport_AddSwSettings, HDMICEATimings_AddSwSettings, SdvoDdcEdidRead_AddSwSettings, PipeOptimization_AddSwSettings, EnableInterlacedModeRemoval_AddSwSettings, ForceBorderForMAR_AddSwSettings, IncFixedSegWA_AddSwSettings
DelReg = igfx_RemoveDeviceSettings, CUI.DelReg, CUISDK.DelReg
DelReg = OEMStaticMode_DelSwSettings, HotPlug_DelSwSettings, Underscan_DelSwSettings, SDVOHDMI_VSI_DelSwSettings, NonEDIDMode_DelSwSettings, DynamicScaling_DelSwSettings, Enable3DContexts_DelSwSettings, BitBashingSupport_DelSwSettings, HDMICEATimings_DelSwSettings, SdvoDdcEdidRead_DelSwSettings, PipeOptimization_DelSwSettings, EnableInterlacedModeRemoval_DelSwSettings, ForceBorderForMAR_DelSwSettings, IncFixedSegWA_DelSwSettings

this kernel interface is the opengl ICD interestingly in Xorg and other gui's you can get opengl 2.1 with the 945

and in 8.15.10.27xx and up it also includes a shader compiler in the driver.

took me awhile of isolating the dependency.

I suspectas the bug is within the function call enable3DContexts()

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Put this in Feedback.
-----------
If this answers your question - Then mark it so. Then others may find it.
---------------
Around computers
since 1952
lacrumb

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 549 Applies to: