Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17040 for PC fail to get into desktop and stuck into black screen with latest driver of NVIDIA (388.31)

Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17040 for PC fail to get into desktop and stuck into black screen with latest driver of NVIDIA (388.31). This problem can be resolve when get into safe mode and uninstall the latest driver of NVIDIA and install previous driver instead(Edit:can't be solved).

Edit 2: Now I can resolve with the driver that install with window 10 (387.92) 

Edit 3: The real problem is Physx. Just remove it and the black screen will not come.

|

Was this discussion helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

My desktop is using that driver and everything seem to be OK. You might need to download it again from Nvidia to reinstall.

I use the Geforce Experience App to install and keep the driver Updated and there have been problems from time to time.

1 person found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

I was wrong. It happen again with previous version of NVIDIA. Now I uninstall it again and let window 10 install NVIDIA by itself and see what will be happen next.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

I encountered the same problem with that version of the NVIDIA drivers with an EVGA GEForce GTX 1050 TI graphics adapter with Build 17035 and then again with Build 17040.

In my situation, I found an easy but still annoying workaround.

After starting Windows 10, and logging in, my display turns solid black. I can display the desktop, and a working Windows 10 environment by using the three finger salute to open the Task Manager restarting explorer.exe, and then waiting about 50 to 70

seconds for the desktop to appear.

But because I'm not the only one using my desktop computer, I've uninstalled the Version NVIDIA 388.31 drivers, and am using the NViDIA drivers installed by Windows 10 to prevent problems for other users.

ASUS P8Z77-V; Intel i7-3770; 16GB; EVGA GTX1050 Ti

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

I encountered the same problem with that version of the NVIDIA drivers with an EVGA GEForce GTX 1050 TI graphics adapter with Build 17035 and then again with Build 17040.

In my situation, I found an easy but still annoying workaround.

After starting Windows 10, and logging in, my display turns solid black. I can display the desktop, and a working Windows 10 environment by using the three finger salute to open the Task Manager restarting explorer.exe, and then waiting about 50 to 70

seconds for the desktop to appear.

But because I'm not the only one using my desktop computer, I've uninstalled the Version NVIDIA 388.31 drivers, and am using the NViDIA drivers installed by Windows 10 to prevent problems for other users.

Hello

I just resolve the problem. Reinstall any version of NVIDIA will not resolve the problem. The real problem is Physx. The black screen before login will be gone if we remove Physx that come with NVIDIA. Now I have installed the latest version of NVIDIA and didn't face with this problem again.

2 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 335 Applies to: