• July 17, 2017
    Announcement: New site design for Microsoft Community

In July, Microsoft will roll out the first of ongoing site improvements aimed to modernize Microsoft Community and help customers get the most out of their community experience.

• During the roll out period, you may see the old or new site design depending on your location

• We expect the roll out to finish by 31 July

Note: Past private message conversations will not move to the new site design. Please save any private messages you would like to keep.

Learn more about the upcoming site improvements in this thread.

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community!

Question
  • This thread is locked from future replies

Cortana stalls when given a query via text, voice or Hey Cortana in builds 14316-14332

Callum J. Moffat asked on

For the last three builds, Cortana has been consistently broken on my device. When I give it a query (search works fine, but everything else is broken), whether by voice, text or Hey Cortana, Cortana stalls. No "Listening..." in the search bar, it just sits there forever. If I'm lucky, it crashes. I'm a developer, who is implementing Cortana in his apps, so I can't test the functionality (as I have one device, running the preview).

Screenshots:

My specs are as follows:

==HP Probook 450 G3==

- Intel Core i5-6200U

- Intel HD Graphics with HD Audio

- Conexant HD Audio

- 8GB RAM

- 1TB HDD

I've posted a feedback here: feedback-hub:?contextid=535&feedbackid=9cf0cf3b-3ea7-42bf-ab0a-6823934788a8&form=1&src=2

3 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Jason D [MSFT] replied on

Hi Callum,

Right now, it seems like your issue is one that we believe we have a fix for, and it is working its way through the build system to get out to the Insiders.

I will check back in after it goes out to the Fast ring to verify that your problems have been resolved.

2 people found this helpful

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Jason D [MSFT] replied on

Hi Callum,

Thank you for reporting this issue.  We are tracking this crashing issue, and are working on a fix for it. 

Unfortunately, I do not have a workaround to offer.

If needed, can I reach out to you to get some logs from your machine?

Thanks for using Cortana and for being an Insider (and super-duper-mega thanks for implementing Cortana functionality in your app!)

1 person found this helpful

Abuse history

progress