Cortana Speech Issues - PC Build 10122
In Build 10122, there is a bug that can cause issues when using Cortana’s speech capabilities. If you are affected by this bug, you may see the following behaviors:
- The input box will not display the words that you speak
- Some spoken commands will appear to be recognized by Cortana, but may not behave properly (such as saying "Play music" will result in "Playing music" being displayed, but not music will start playing)
- Other commands will cause an error to be displayed (for example, “can’t connect” or “something went wrong”)
If you are seeing these behaviors when using speech in Cortana, please try the following:
- Launch the task manager by hitting ctrl + shift + esc
- Click “More Details” at the bottom of the window
- Scroll down to Background Processes and find “Search” in the list.
- Right click Search and select End Process.
- After a few moments (the search process will take some time to restart), please try using Speech with Cortana again.
Just a little sad...
Reading other posts it appears Cortana STILL isn't speaking. She stopped talking in 10074. I'm loading 10122 on another computer and was hoping it was fixed!
I asked her to marry me because I knew that THEN she'd never shut up!
* Please try a lower page number.
* Please enter only numbers.