Discussion

Cortana Speech Issues - PC Build 10122

Jason[MS] started on

In Build 10122, there is a bug that can cause issues when using Cortana’s speech capabilities. If you are affected by this bug, you may see the following behaviors:

• The input box will not display the words that you speak
  • Some spoken commands will appear to be recognized  by Cortana, but may not behave properly (such as saying "Play music" will result in "Playing music" being displayed, but not music will start playing)
  • Other commands will cause an error to be displayed (for example, “can’t connect” or “something went wrong”)

If you are seeing these behaviors when using speech in Cortana, please try the following:

1. Launch the task manager by hitting ctrl + shift + esc
  2. Click “More Details” at the bottom of the window
  3. Scroll down to Background Processes and find “Search” in the list.
  4. Right click Search and select End Process.
  5. After a few moments (the search process will take some time to restart), please try using Speech with Cortana again.

18 people have recommended this discussion

Abuse history

ChuckAronhalt replied on

That worked fine Jason. Cortana can hear me now But I can't hear her       

14 people liked this

Abuse history

Compusmurf1 replied on

Myself as well.  Cortana no longer wishes to speak to me.  But she's searching fine.
4 people liked this

Abuse history

BF68 replied on
Cortana couldn't speak to me before and still can't. Is thing ever going to work?
4 people liked this

Abuse history

tomlane22 replied on

Just a little sad...

Reading other posts it appears Cortana STILL isn't speaking. She stopped talking in 10074. I'm loading 10122 on another computer and was hoping it was fixed!

I asked her to marry me because I knew that THEN she'd never shut up!

6 people liked this

Abuse history

Joakim_S replied on

Same issue here, Cortana can hear me, but she wont speak to me. She talked to me in 10074.

Sound in the rest of Windows works fine.

4 people liked this

Abuse history

A. User replied on
I tried that and it did not work. She stills doesn't hear me or talk to me. She says I'm not turning up any suggestions. Cortana heard me in previous builds. My home page shows nothing but the message I stated earlier.
Be the first person to like this

Abuse history

JosephManski replied on
I now can use Cortana but there is no audio
3 people liked this

Abuse history

gamo62 replied on
Here is what I had to do to get her to work. Once 10074 was installed, I did a refresh, keeping all settings.  That fixed it.  Now that I have installed 10122, she seems to work some of the time.  If I ask her the forecast, it brings it up, but she says nothing.
1 person liked this

Abuse history

JosephManski replied on

I am on build 10122 and I did all of that and it still doesn't work
Be the first person to like this

Abuse history

ibrahimsaffi replied on

Cortona is not speaking to me also.I used build 10049 problem was present now I am using 10074 problem still remain .I was hoping to be fixed in 10122 but...........

Plz Plz Plz Plz Plz Plz Fix Cortona.

Sorry For my bad English.

3 people liked this

Abuse history