Onenote unable to sign in. Error: "We were unable to sign you in. Please try again"

Ran into a problem while trying things to resolve the 10061 Mail problem of unable to add IMAP or POP3 accounts here: 

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_call/unable-to-add-imap-or-pop-email-account-to-the-new/67b16b50-748e-4e95-87d4-01189d2652c6

I disassociated my Microsoft account from my ID.  I signed out and back in and, then reassociated the account with my ID. After signing out and in again I noticed Onenote no longer opens. I get the "We were unable to sign you in.Please try again." message with a Try Again button. Clicking the button doesn't help any. OneDrive is automatically logged in. It seems like I need to get Onenote to re-ask me for my account password but there's nothing I see to make it do that.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Frank 

Answer
Answer

Had the same problem.

Just remove OneNote by opening a admin powershell and run "get-appxpackage *microsoft.office.onenote* | remove-appxpackage". After that just reinstall from beta store.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 12,354 Applies to: