Windows 10: Edge browser ( 14328, 14332) closes itself upon right-clicking web links in the web pages

Original Title: Edge 14328, 14332 right click.

Edge still closes itself upon right-clicking web links in web pages. Work good only  Private Mode and in Starting Page links  but on the pages opened from "Starting Page" - the same problem exist.

The links to "Opinion about Windows"  in start menu and in Edge settings - are corrupted.

|

Hi Jan,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change in Edge browser settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "Edge still closes itself upon right-clicking web links in web pages", are you getting any error message? Is the issue occurs with all the webpages?
  • When you say that "Opinion about Windows"  in start menu", what exactly are you referring to? Are you facing any issues with Start Menu?
  • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

Refer to the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issues still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: Try clearing the browsing history of Microsoft Edge browser and check if it helps.

1. Open Microsoft Edge.

2. Click on Three dots symbol (...) which is at the top right corner of the browser and click on Settings.

3. Click on Choose What to Clear.

4. Choose the options in the list and click on Clear.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

No error message, all websites ( without of J mentioned above ), the button of  "Opinions of Windows System" (from Polish translating) respond bat not connect to page - but now  link from Edge settings started to work. J have not made any changes in computer.

The methodes  you advice are not helphul. Reinstallation of Edge no resultates.

Another problem J noticed: same app blocked shutting down the computer - "DDE - server Window - finishing not responding program" but all apps are closed.

And one more: In safe mode J can not open each Windows Apps " Can not open app from built-in account"

Sorry about My English.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ridiculous.  I work on an Enterprise network and we're not allowed to have a "Microsoft" account on our devices.  Why does the App Troubleshoot require it?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 396 Applies to: