so please do so

Question Info

Last updated November 14, 2018 Views 30,755 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that Edge seems to be not working as you expected. 

What is the current build on the computer?

I suggest you to clear the browser cache and check if it works. Please follow the below steps to know how to clear the cache.

1. Launch the browser and click on the three dots on the top right corner of the browser and you can see the settings option.

2. Under the settings, scroll down and you get an button choose what to clear under the clear browser data option.

3.Click this option and you can selectively clear the cache on your browser. You can choose from browsing history, cookies, cached files.

4. Click on clear.

I would like to inform you that we have released a latest build 10166. Please install the latest build and check if the issue persists.

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166:

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/07/09/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10166/

If the issue persists, then It is still in development stage. You can provide the feedback in Feedback app and development team will consider your feedback about the edge.

In future, if you have any issues related to Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

would also be nice to have a pop up blocker in the new edge browser amongst a few other things that are missing, like context menu for links (save as), a pop up blocker as ive not found any settings for that yet, status bar would be usefull as I am missing the zoom function I had on the status bar, also would be nice if it did not just download stuff at a click, need a pop up to decide on whether to download weather to open or to not download at all, I can see this browser has huge potential but its a little to limited right now.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I've finally found the popup block option in edge but popups are not being blocked they keep opening. In settings=>View Advanced Settings it is available but again as mentioned it does not block popups properly.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

For the zoom function, you can use ctrl+ or ctrl- and ctrl0 for reset.

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't get why MS can't just implement a feature simply enough to just work, but instead there's stuff like this. I want to block popups - ALL OF THEM. And I'm sure they have some long, drawn-out reason why they didn't do it that way (dig around a bit to see why IE's back button just doesn't always go to my previous nav),  but I don't care - I just want to browse without popups coming up, PARTICULARLY since auto-play videos are getting so prevalent. Or in other terms, when a casual clicks on something that doesn't do what the user expects, how would the instructions (HA!) describe this behavior, keeping in mind the user would not be adept an understanding algorithms and web standards

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft Edge does not block popup ads. I have one now on my windows 10 Edge and cannot get rid of it.

189 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I get that a lot too. Pages that run a lot of javascript (in other words, most of the web) really thrash Edge, but differently than IE. Whereas IE's renderer would freeze up (or, even better, go all-white), the entire Edge UI can freeze up. I've had tabs not close, tabs no longer nav anywhere, and, most commonly (similar to IE here) freezes the scrollbar. Edge also seems to lock up for longer periods of time than IE, particularly if video is playing elsewhere, like the CPU utilization is screwed up. I will say that now that Edge doesn't do that weird tab resizing thing (so you can close multiple without moving the mouse), the lag isn't as infuriating, since latent mouse clicks don't result in unintended tab closures.

NOTE: I am running it on an "edge" case - an HP Stream 11, which is a glorified netbook - but given the "Spartan" goals of Edge, I'm not very happy with how it runs, given that the machine is less than 6 months old.

Sorry this didn't help.

Windows update errored on a sound card update and wouldn't load win 10, as far as  I know,  so I used the insider updater and made a disc and loaded win 10. It all went well but all of a sudden edge is locked with a pop-up saying to call some phone number and pay to fix edge. I downloaded ccleaner free version after my 2 security program didn't have a clue, and it removed the problem so far.  figuring something may still be in there I am watching it closely.   hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

I Should clarify that after the win 10 install on 2 computers Malwarebytes was disabled and unfixable and edge did not function. Chrome did. I don't know why so quickly. I loaded free version and its working for Malwarebytes but edge was a small challenge. I feel the pop-up never left edge shut down so it stayed loaded all the time. It wouldn't allow me to clean history so I used a stand alone program. I had reloaded windows 10 from disc and it didn't make any difference.

This problem could have been existing on previous win 7 and pop up blocker never let it work.  I wonder why Microsoft insists on allowing pop ups now knowing the history of the net. I hope win 10 isn't add supported.

Sorry this didn't help.

I just got had this same problem! I liked edge until this happened. The pop up blocking setting is useless. Back to Chrome for me, I guess.

8 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.