Microsoft Edge Drag and Drop

Whenever I try to sign in to Office 365, Edge says that this requires Internet Explorer. After I sign in to IE 11, and then switch to Edge, all works well in Office 365 except that I cannot drag and drop  ocuments to Edge, despite the fact that it says to "drag and drop here". Drag and drop is not a problem in IE11.

It's also not possible to drag and drop files to OneDrive....

Back to the 90s?

I can't understand, why something is released in that state....

Drag and drop is broken in a lot of web applications. Moodle, WeTransfer, YouTube. Possibly all of them as i have yet to encounter one instance of a working drag and drop.

With the touchscreens and simplyfied UI's it is an essential part of transfering files.

Same problem here - I'm accessing Office 365 using Microsoft Edge on a Windows 10 machine, trying to create a Sway presentation, and the only option for adding images to a Sway seems to be Drag and Drop which they apparently haven't gotten to work in Edge yet....works like a charm in Chrome!! hahahaha

I am having the exact same results with Drag & Drop to Sharepoint in Edge...

And...As a general gripe... it's also crazy with the manual upload that you can only upload ONE document at a time.... I thought SharePoint was enterprise grade and not based on old CompuServe technology....?

Exactly same issue here, unbelievable that such a glaring issue is still not fixed, even after almost one year of reporting! No wonder people are moving away from Microsoft browsers en masse...

Exactly same issue here, unbelievable that such a glaring issue is still not fixed, even after almost one year of reporting! No wonder people are moving away from Microsoft browsers en masse...

Well, I do believe it's fixed in the next release that's due on the 2nd of August

... but I do agree with you...  This is the kind of thing that shouldn't take 12 months to fix.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 1, 2020 Views 3,620 Applies to: