Microsoft edge download location

Hi,

Is there a way I can change download location when downloading files using Microsoft edge ??

Question Info

Last updated January 6, 2019 Views 23,704 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You can also open File Explorer, go to Downloads (under This PC) right click and open Properties, go to the Location tab and change the location.  This may not be useful for a temporary change in download location but is great for those who want to keep downloads, music, videos and documents off their O/S drive.

**** pure.

You cannot each time on complicated way change download place.

Edge is created 'as is' for a 'female teens'.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Ahemed,

I understand you wanted to change the download location of Microsoft Edge.

Unfortunately you can not change the download location for Microsoft Edge, but you can change it for Internet Explorer.

You can use the feedback app and send this as a feedback to the developers team.

To know more about feedback app refer to the below link:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_apps-insider_feedback/how-to-share-feedback-on-windows-10-technical/5e501781-a580-43e3-8926-40ae19343805

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

I read a lot of email, and I do a lot of downloading to various locations.  Can you please give me the capability of a download file location prompt with Edge?  I'll end up using it a lot more.
i'm tired of the same reply that offers only more confusion instead of a solution.  "if you can't offer a solution, stop being more of a problem!!!"

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ahemed,

Unfortunately you can not change the download location for Microsoft Edge, but you can change it for Internet Explorer.

You can use the feedback app and send this as a feedback to the developers team.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_apps-insider_feedback/how-to-share-feedback-on-windows-10-technical/5e501781-a580-43e3-8926-40ae19343805

I read a lot of email, and I do a lot of downloading to various locations.  Can you please give me the capability of a download file location prompt with Edge?  I'll end up using it a lot more.
i'm tired of the same reply that offers only more confusion instead of a solution.  "if you can't offer a solution, stop being more of a problem!!!"

You right, Paul.

Microsoft should step down from clouds and start to work.

We all waiting for working operating system for desktops.

Not for gadgets.

Sorry this didn't help.

First day of using Edge and I am already disappointed. The suggestion to use Internet Explorer is simply hilarious. I guess I got my hopes up too early about Edge :(

Won't be using Edge if I can't change a simple download location

Sorry this didn't help.

"Unfortunately you can not change the download location for Microsoft Edge, but you can change it for Internet Explorer"

Sorry MS but this is not acceptable! How can one possibly build a current browser which has no option to specify the download directory?

Switching Back to my old browser now!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ahemed,

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ahemed,

And I am tired to ask Microsoft to read user hints, and completely useless answers.

Microsoft should wake up, and after 3 years make working O/S himself without asking millions of people about hints, if nobody read them.

A camel is a horse designed by committee.

Windows 10 is a camel.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ahemed,

You want know my opinion about replace useful* programs with useless**?

Nadella should use his head and put to develop Windows competent people. If he doesn’t, should go home!

* Internet Explorer, Windows Photo Viewer

** Edge, Photos, task without context menu: open file location (instead 2 similar: Open and Edit).

Windows 8 was better.

Sorry this didn't help.

Then the "View downloads" doesn't work.  Like the thinkers who planned the mess.

Just pile everything in the top drawer.  Thanks Microsoft. 

Sorry this didn't help.

As I point out in a previous post (top of pg. 5), all Microsoft needed to do was to supply a tablet/phone emulator program (they already have one) that runs on the desktop of a desktop/laptop computer. Then anyone who wishes could run the Store Apps in that emulator. If your monitor is large enough, you could even have an emulated phone and an emulated tablet running at the same time.

The problem I see is that Microsoft keeps trying to force the tablet/phone interface onto the desktop users. Screen size clearly dictates two different paradigms. They each have their places in our lives, but they are different and should be treated so.

I have a desktop machine. When the OS detects this, it should turn "Tablet Mode" off and make Internet Explorer my default browser. Edge was clearly designed for phone users. (I don't even like it on my tablet.)

Sorry this didn't help.