Question

Q: How to view and manage cookies in Microsoft Edge?

I can't find a way to view and/or manage cookies for specific websites, stored in my computer, in the Microsoft Edge even on the latest fast ring Build.

Is the feature really missing?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Matteo,

Thank you for showing interest on testing Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I understand that you would like to manage cookies in Microsoft Edge.

Your browsing history is the information that Microsoft Edge remembers and stores on a PC as your browse the web. This includes info you've entered into forms, passwords, and sites you've visited, and it helps make your browsing experience better. If you're using a shared or public PC, you might not want to Microsoft Edge to remember your browsing data.

Kindly follow the below steps to manage cookies in Microsoft Edge.

1. Open Microsoft Edge.
  2. Click on More options (… symbol) on the top right corner of the browser.
  3. Select Settings from the drop down menu.
  4. Click on Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data.
  5. Check the Cookies and saved website data (and any other data you want to clear) and click on Clear button.

Reference: I suggest you to refer the below Microsoft help article for more information about Microsoft Edge.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-microsoft-edge-pc

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Thanks and regards.
T Kiran Kishore.
Forum Moderator OneDrive, Support Engineer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

21 people were helped by this reply

Well, not what I asked for :P

I want to view stored cookies, not delete them all.

Sorry this didn't help.

1143 people were helped by this reply

I also have this question.  I have an application that lets me manage cookies outside of Internet Explorer, so that I can selectively block, remove, or keep specific cookies.

I need to know where and how Edge stores it's cookies so I can update my application.

Sorry this didn't help.

47 people were helped by this reply

I have the same query,

In order to use OneDrive I must be logged in but cannot do so as it's not clear how to enable cookies using the new M$ Edge browser?

If 'More options' are the only options available then the browser fails in my book before it's even setup!....I can anticipate Edge ending up being treated the same way as M$ Internet Explorer by me which was unused in favour of Google Chrome!

The following is the message I am receiving when trying to login to OneDrive

Cookies must be allowed

Your browser is currently set to block cookies. Your browser must allow cookies before you can use a Microsoft account.

Cookies are small text files stored on your computer that tell Microsoft sites and services when you're signed in. To learn how to allow cookies, see online help in your web browser.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've since found the answer and was able to update my app to deal with Edge cookies.

The folder is: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\#!001\MicrosoftEdge\Cookies

Since I don't know whether the funky folder name is a constant, my app searches for similar names.

I also have this question.  I have an application that lets me manage cookies outside of Internet Explorer, so that I can selectively block, remove, or keep specific cookies.

I need to know where and how Edge stores it's cookies so I can update my application.

Sorry this didn't help.

21 people were helped by this reply

As amazing as it is to believe, yes, this feature in missing. Edge does not allow you to manage cookies by site. Either you accept cookies or do not. Nor can you set edge to automatically clear your temp files, history, cookies on exit. I cannot even begin to understand how MS managed to omit this functionality in Edge. I know a lot of people who will not use it for this very reason.

Hope this answers your question. 

Sorry this didn't help.

32 people were helped by this reply

It's interesting that I had to enable cookies just to reply to this question. As SabrePilot said, you can't manage cookies for individual sites. What a drag. Cookies are well known for tracking data and usage, so I have always turned them off.

Unfortunately, cookies are need for passwords, info, and individual settings for banks, certain websites, and email accounts.

How in the world is Edge useful if this can't be regulated? Based on this, I've gone over to FireFox, which I also have mixed feelings about. Trying out safari. I already use it on iPad. Hate Google Chrome since it captures a lot of things you do and acts many times like a virus program in determining your use of it.

Oh well. The old internet explorer is still available in Windows 10. I'm even evaluating going back to windows 8.1, which I didn't like either. Perhaps Windows 7 is the way to go.

For someone that wants us to upgrade, Microsoft is making it difficult. Even Windows Media Player is gone, gone, gone, whoa, whoa, whoa...

Sorry this didn't help.

6 people were helped by this reply

This is obvious and a generic answer and NOT helpful!

Basically for now go into your settings and uncheck clear cookies.

Then use a program like CCleaner to control what cookies you want to save.

You can then delete the rest from there.

I figured this out while using ebay. They have chosen to use (sic) adchoice and other

rotten ad places that use a cookie to opt out from their tracking garbage which lags your webpages.

If you delete that cookie that is placed when you opt out then you have to go through the opt out procedure again which is a real hassle.

Microsoft techs:

You need to allow us to control what we want to save and delete in our browser settings. Just because a number

of people are not browser savvy does not mean you have to make it impossible for those who are savvy to control theirs. You need to give advanced setting in this area!

Sorry this didn't help.

6 people were helped by this reply

I totally agree, I always used the "prompt" method to see which cookies to accept or deny.  Hey, MS please bring back the "prompt" option for cookies. I want control of MY computer. I can't even remove the initial opening window that prevents me from logging into MY computer.

Sorry this didn't help.

7 people were helped by this reply

Unfortunately, this cookies folder does not exist on my machine - in fact, my search prog tells me NO cookies folder exists at all ;)

I've always maintained that serious computer users are MS' strength and field of competence, and that all the Androids and Apples will not change that.

But damn, then give us more functionality so we don't look like idiots out there.

Don't make it embarrassing to argue !

So I use Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Edge, and now I will install Safari - why ?

Because I do social a lot for marketing, and it's the best way, having several different browsers running you can switch accounts and Google is none the wiser.

But sometimes, I would like to be able and HIT their cookies.

MS, is that so hard to understand ?

Google are island intelligences, don't make the same mistake.

It's a very awful trap...

Sorry this didn't help.

39 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 83639 Last updated: December 14, 2017 Applies to: