constant Microsoft Edge crashes in Build 11082

I'm getting multiple crashes daily with this latest build. Web pages take a very long time to load, sometimes never fully loading. When scrolling, the bottom of the pages never show up. Then I get the busy revolving circle thing showing that Edge has frozen; the page lightens up, then reloads - crash.

This is the first insider build where I'm having these problems with Edge. I done some searching on here and it appears others are having similar issues.

|

Hi KFMuller,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below.   

1.     Run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

2.     Scan for damaged system files. Right-click the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin). In the Command Prompt window, type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.

3.     If Microsoft Edge only crashes after some time has passed, try deleting cached data and files. In Microsoft Edge, select the “” icon in the top right corner and chooseSettings. Under Clear browsing data, select Choose what to clear and thencached data and files.

4.    Reset the browser settings by going to Control Panel >Internet Options > Advanced > Reset. Then reboot Windows.

5.    Check for updates for Microsoft Edge within Settings.  

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.             

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am having much of the same issues with this latest build. If edge indicates a error in spelling if I right click the error before would be either a suggestion or the corrected word. now it does nothing and after first click you can not click any where else you can only move the curser with the arrow keys. After few minutes edge will become partially un responsive. you can click on the red X and nothing happens. if you force close edge thru the task bar then it will work for a bit and again messed up. Also having issues with other items since this build. We need a fix, I am about ready to go to the release candidate and be done with preview.
Doug.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 152 Applies to: