Internet Explorer - 14955

Surface Pro 3 Build 14955 . Internet Explorer seems to be having some issues. The below error is with home page set to Google.ca. I also get the same message if I try to open a link in Facebook.

And signing into the forum

I've been having the same issue on various web pages going back to build 14951. I've went so far to try adjusting security settings and the problem still persists.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Here is something you may want to try. Go to your Device Manager and disable your Display Adapter. That is, right click on Start > Device Manager > then click on Display Adapter, under that, right click on your adapter and pick Disable Device. This will put your computer into Microsoft's Basic Display Adapter mode. When I did this, the faults went away. 

After you have finished testing, you can follow the steps again, but this time picking Enable Device. You will then need to reboot your computer to get back normal operating mode for your display adapter. 

The only reason why I thought of this goes all the way to build 9860. Back then, Microsoft changed something in the boot up scheme on Multi-Boot Systems that was preventing graphics drivers other than Microsoft's from loading properly. That same test I ran here singled out the problem then as it seems to be doing now.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Nope didn't work. I have even done a clean install of 14955 and all that did was change the error code for a bit but it is now back at 0xc0000005. Have tried lots of ideas from Google but nothing has worked to date. As there aren't a lot of complaints it must have something to do with a specific build of SP3s
Richard

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've had the same issue ever since getting this preview build; to the point where I raised it in the Insiders Portal / Feedback Portal. That is to say that IE enters this endless loop of crashing and is totally and utterly unusable. Disabling then re-enabling a device is not really an acceptable workaround.

I've tried disabling all add-ons, that's not worked either.

Any other non-intrusive suggestions?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm on home-built desktop PC. I hear you on the endless loop of IE crashing on certain websites bit. What I offered was meant to be a test to see if the problem went away by using the basic display driver. It was not meant to be a work around as I'm still looking for one too.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Seems to have gone away in 14959. What happened to me in 14955 may sound a bit strange. I installed Skype for desktop and IE started to work. Not sure why but the installation must have put something back in order.

Anyway the problem seems to have gone away for now anyway

Richard

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm still seeing issues on 14959.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 163 Applies to: