Windows 10 needs to have office 365 accounts as "microsoft Accounts" & use of personal domains outside of business accounts

Windows 10 needs to have office 365 accounts as "Microsoft Accounts" & use of personal domains outside of business accounts. A normal user does not want to use Lync or SharePoint, They want there domain and have the normal commercial applications.

At the moment it is hard to have "ONE" experience with being in the Microsoft Ecosystem. You have your Microsoft Account to sign into windows and windows phones. Then if you want to have a custom domain or an office 365 subscription you have to create another account that you cannot use to login to windows or any other system (Xbox, Windows phone... etc)

These accounts need to be fully functional windows accounts to make it one account for all systems and devices.

Moved from Insider

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

I totally second this comment.

Having the possibility to setup Windows 10 using an Office 365 account then syncing email, one drive, etc... would be so fantastic for small businesses (and probably bigger ones as well) and for us people who will deploy Windows 10 in smallbiz environments IMO, this is sorely missing. I'm disappointed.

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

We had a recent conversation with Microsoft about this. They've confirmed its coming, you will be able to use either Microsoft Account or Azure Active Directory (AAD being what o365 uses and can be synced/federated with on-premise Active Directory) Accounts to login to Win10 devices, further that AAD Accounts will work across the entire MS ecosystem, e.g Windows Store, Partner Network etc etc.

As ever they were cagey about details and dates but ai cant wait to test this out. I get the impression a lot of it I linked to the upcoming changes to Azure AD (GPO support etc) that will in-effect enable AAD to replace on-prem or at the very least authenticate AND manage users/devices that are off the corp network.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The day may have arrived with 10122. Here are a couple informative blog posts on the subject (comments also worth reading):

http://blogs.technet.com/b/ad/archive/2015/05/13/azure-active-directory-and-windows-10-making-the-enterprise-cloud-a-reality.aspx

http://blogs.technet.com/b/ad/archive/2015/05/21/azure-ad-on-windows-10-personal-devices.aspx

On a clean install of 10122, there are these three screens, in the following order:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I already set up some phones (build 10586.318) with o365 business as primary account, but you still need a Microsoft account to access the store (or am I something missing?).

Anyone experiencing other behavior?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I cannot believe this is still an issue. I swear I am a huge MS fanboy, but how.... HOW has this been allowed to continue?!?!? I have WIn10 installed on all my PC's. We are an Office 365 shop.... if I want something from the "Windows Store" I =cannot use my O365 account. What the heck?!?!? Stop the insanity already! So I have to use my personal account? Greaeaeatt... just what I want.... the temptation to install Gears of War 4 on my PC at work.

LOL!

So if there's an app I want my people to have in the pain old Store, I have to ask them to create a MS account??

When will this end?

Yet one more reason why the MS Store is utterly and completely useless for me.

I've downloaded exactly 2 things though it: Sling TV and GoW.

And of course now this app which I have to tie into my personal account... no it is not available in the Business Store either.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Update: you don't need a Microsoft account and can use your o365 business account now.

When your IT has deployed a Business store (very simple to set up), you can load apps from there.

When opening the store app, you will find something like "your Company store".

https://businessstore.microsoft.com/en-us/Store/Apps

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yea, I know about that but the particular app I needed wasn't in the "Business Store". It's in the ... consumer store?!?!

After I posted this I went to store.microsoft.com to buy a Surface for my boss.

"You cannot login with a business account"?!?!

Really?

I had to call MS and have them put the order through on my O365 account.

Come on MS....

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated November 25, 2020 Views 17,541 Applies to: