Build 15002 - Quicken 2017 won't start
Long time user of Windows insider builds, long time user of Quicken. Both have been working well for a long time...
After upgrading to Win 10, build 15002, Quicken 2017 won't start. Error indicates that .Net framework 4.6.1 is not installed. Tried re-installing Quicken 2017 -- no change. Went to Microsoft to install .Net 4.6.1 framework and it states I already have that version installed.
Solution posted by N777TY in some other forrum worked. Here is the solution
1) Open RegEdit
2) Go to this key: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full
3) Right click on it and go to Permissions.
4) Take ownership of the key
5) Change permissions on the key (so you can modify the value) .. ie give Administrators Full Control
6) Change the value of Version subkey -- current value will be 4.7.02020 -- change it to 4.6.02020
For changing permissions on the key, use this tutorial - http://www.howtogeek.com/262464/how-to-gain-full-permissions-to-edit-protected-registry-keys/