We are excited to provide an early preview into the newest feature for the Your Phone app – phone screen. You can now mirror your Android phone’s screen directly on your PC without having to dig for your phone. This article describes the PCs and phones that support this new feature.
You can use the Your Phone app on any Windows 10 PC running Windows builds 1803 or newer and any Android phone running Android version 7.0 or newer. The new phone screen feature requires you to be running the latest Insider builds (1903) and is initially only compatible with a limited set of devices.
Your PC also needs to support Bluetooth with Low Energy Peripheral mode, see below for details on how to check whether it does.
Surface Go will be the first device in the Surface lineup to preview this feature. We will continue to expand the list of devices over time for both the PC and phone.
Currently the feature is only available on the following select Android phones running Android 7.0 or greater:
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Samsung Galaxy S9
Samsung Galaxy S9+
We will continue to expand the list of devices over time for both the PC and phone.
How to check if your PC supports Bluetooth Low Energy Peripheral Role
1. Open Device Manager by right-clicking on the Start menu.
2. Select and expand the Bluetooth option.
3. Select the Radio Driver or Adapter for Bluetooth.
4. Double click to open Properties.
5. Navigate to the Details tab.
6. Find the “Bluetooth radio supports Low Energy Peripheral Role” property on the dropdown and select it.
7. See if the value is true or false.
8. If it’s “true” then your PC will be able to display your phone screen and interact with it.