Phone screen – Supported devices

We are excited to provide an early preview into the newest feature for the Your Phone app – phone screen. You can now mirror your Android phone’s screen directly on your PC without having to dig for your phone. This article describes the PCs and phones that support this new feature. 

We will continue to expand the list of devices over time for both the PC and phone.   

Phone screen (select Samsung devices with Link to Windows)

Supported PCs 

You will need a PC running Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) or later.  However, we always recommend updating to the latest available version -- currently Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903).

Supported phones

The feature is currently only available on the following select Android devices.  Ensure you have installed the latest version Android 9.0 that will be gradually rolling out to these devices:

• Samsung Galaxy Note10

• Samsung Galaxy Note10+

• Samsung Galaxy S10

• Samsung Galaxy S10+

• Samsung Galaxy S10e

• Samsung Galaxy Fold

• Samsung Galaxy A30s

• Samsung Galaxy A50s

• Samsung Galaxy A90 5G

We will continue to expand the list of devices over time for both the PC and phone.   

Phone screen (other devices)

• Samsung Galaxy A6
  • Samsung Galaxy A7
  • Samsung Galaxy A8
  • Samsung Galaxy A8+
  • Samsung Galaxy A9
  • Samsung Galaxy A10
  • Samsung Galaxy A20
  • Samsung Galaxy A30
  • Samsung Galaxy A50
  • Samsung Galaxy A70
  • Samsung Galaxy S8
  • Samsung Galaxy S8+
  • Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
  • Samsung Galaxy S9
  • Samsung Galaxy S9+
  • OnePlus 6
  • OnePlus 6T

If you do not have a device that currently supports Link to Windows, your PC needs to support Bluetooth with Low Energy Peripheral mode.  Surface Go, Surface Laptop, Surface Laptop 2, Surface Pro 4, Surface Pro 5, Surface Pro 6, Surface Book, and Surface Book 2 with the latest Bluetooth driver updates (Marvell 15.68.17013.110) support this.

How to check if your PC supports Bluetooth Low Energy Peripheral Role 

If you received an error in the app indicating that your PC's Bluetooth isn't compatible, it means that your PC's Bluetooth radio doesn't support the capability needed for phone screen to work.

Here are the steps you can follow to check for the capability yourself:

1. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on

2. Open Device Manager by right-clicking on the Start menu.

3. Select and expand the Bluetooth option.

4. Select the Radio Driver or Adapter for Bluetooth.  

5. Double click to open Properties 

6. Navigate to the Details tab. 

7. Find the “Bluetooth radio supports Low Energy Peripheral Role” property on the drop-down and select it. 

8. See if the value is true or false.  

9. If its “true” then your PC will be able to display your phone screen and interact with it. 

Forum Article Info

Last updated November 20, 2019 Views 149,413 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Please support OnePlus devices ;), otherwise I am hoping for the best for this app moving forward.

Can someone provide a list of Bluetooth USB dongles that are known to support Bluetooth radio supports Low Energy Peripheral Role?

Side note I think you can also use the Bluetooth LE Explorer from the Windows Store and the Virtual Peripheral option to see if the necessary Bluetooth mode is supported. Its results match what I saw in the Device Manager in that Peripheral mode is not supported on my desktop computer with the current Bluetooth dongle I have. Below is the link if anyone wants to try it out.

https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9N0ZTKF1QD98 

Sounds great and as I am currently using a Surface Go and have an S9+ I can't wait to try this out, any idea on when it will become available? 
Can android app has access to Window devices like Camera, microphone etc ?
Not compatible with surface pro 6, i5 4gb ram 128gb storage. So sad for me!!
I have a Surface Book 2, and yet I do not see "Radio Driver or Adapter for Bluetooth" under my Bluetooth options.  Can you update this info to cover all of your products, please?
Update - Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter and...
As soon as I saw that it was a Marvell adapter, I knew it wouldn't be supported. :(
Please support at 3.1 class otherwise I am hoping for the best for this app moving forward
I am running Win 10 1803. Bluetooth fits requirements + have an s9. How to get the insider build of the your phone app?