"Your Phone"

I cant connect my Android (Xiaomi Redmi 4A) phone with my laptop(win10+insider program) through "Your Phone" App.First i downloaded the windows update which contains Your phone app using my mobile hotspot.Then tried to connect my phone to my laptop.I did as "Your phone" app instructed.I put my phone number in it and it send me massage.The i downloaded the "Microsoft Apps" from Google Play Store as the previous message said.Then I opend the app.I connected my phone with my laptop.But the problem is it just shows only my phone name and on the front page ita shows send notification.I tried to press that dialogue but it didn't help.Again it shows on the top that "connect your phone to Wifi,we cant acacce if your using cellular data".Then i connect my phone and Laptop to wifi.Then tried again.The final product was same as it was before.

Now,am I doing it wrong way,or its just bug?

Does the Microsoft Apps app on your Android say your phone and PC are connected? You should be receiving a notification on your phone to allow the PC to connect to it. If you don't see it check that notification permissions are enabled for Microsoft Apps. 
- Analy
Principal Program Manager Lead @ Microsoft

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the exact same problem.  I gave the MS App all permissions requested, but when I try to open Your Phone app on PC it only says "you need the latest app" and sends me link to phone for the Microsoft Apps (that I already have).  both are logged in and linked correctly.  

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

- Analy
Principal Program Manager Lead @ Microsoft

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It didn't help. I tried many times. I unliked the pc. Uninstalled Your Phone Companion app from my phone. Installed it again, connected with pc again and after all, it only shows Send Notification to your phone. I clicked on it. After loading a few seconds it says with the big exclamatory mark"We need your permission to connect and access data on your phone. Please check your phone and tap allow. While it never sends a single notification to my phone. This is really disappointing from Microsoft. It would have been a lot easier with QR code scanning type method.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Your laptop/pc need to be on same wifi as your smartphone. If you use network cable instead of wifi it will not work

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same Issue.

Dont seem to work in Xiaomi Devices, is not about WIFI/same network, is a issue with Your Phone/Microsoft App compatibility.,

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am also using Xiaomi smartphone. I couldn't connect untill I switch my computer to wifi connection instead of wired.
Also I did allow on my phone app all permissions, but still it wasn't work untill I switch my computer to same wifi not wired. Maybe you can try to allow all permision for this app on your phone + put pc on same wifi. 

And check on windows 10 under "settings" app in "Phone" check can you see your phone as Linked.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 30, 2022 Views 4,675 Applies to: