Your Phone app – Apps Feature: Multiple mobile apps

A few months ago, we introduced Your Phone -  Apps feature allowing you to launch and pin apps on your PC. The ability to launch multiple apps simultaneously is now gradually rolling out to selected Samsung devices (details below) and only to the Windows Insider Community on a PC that is configured to be in the Dev, Beta, or Release Preview Channels. This is an early preview so you may still find a few issues, but we would love to hear your feedback.

Please verify that you have all the updates below and keep in mind that this is gradually rolling out so even if you have all below it may take a few days for you to get it enabled:

• Your Phone app on your PC version 1.20102.132.0 or higher - from Microsoft Store
  • Your Phone companion app – Link to Windows on your Samsung device version 1.20102.133.0 or higher – from Google Play store
  • Link to Windows Service version 2.1.05.7 or newer – Make sure you get it from Galaxy store using this link here on your mobile device

For more information on updating your apps see https://aka.ms/FAQYourPhone

Multi-apps feature requirements and recommendations:

• Multi-app experience requires Windows 10 May 2020 Update or later. However, we always recommend updating to the latest version of Windows 10. To check and update our version of Windows, on your PC go to Settings > Updates & Security > Check for update.
  • Only available on select Samsung devices (see list below)
  • Your Android device and PC need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

What Android devices are supported?

This feature is currently available on the following Samsung devices running Android 10 that have Link to Windows integration:

·       Samsung Galaxy Note20 5 G

·       Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G

·       Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

·       Samsung Galaxy Z Flip

·       Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G

And on the following Samsung devices with Link to Windows integration and enrolled in the Samsung OneUI 3.0 Beta program, running Android 11:

·       Samsung Galaxy S20 5G

·       Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G

·       Samsung S20 Ultra 5G

How to join Link to Windows - Beta program?

1. On your Android device open this link

2. The link will ask you to open Galaxy Store > click Participate

3. Log in with your Samsung account

4. select Update

Limitations:

• Some apps might block the ability to cast to another screen, so you may see it as a black screen.
  • Some games and apps might not respond to interactions from a mouse or keyboard connected to your PC. You'll need to use a touch-enabled PC to interact with them.
  •  When you open an Android app via Your Phone, you view and interact with the app on your PC, but any audio coming from the app will play from your Android device. The sound isn’t transmitted to your PC.
  •  Your smartphone must be on and unlocked to use the Apps feature. You can unlock the device from PC after launching an app if needed. 
  • Phone and PC must be on the same Wi-Fi network.
  • Apps that are installed under work profile or secondary profiles will not be shown in the Your Phone App list. If you wish to interact with those apps, you can open them via the Phone screen functionality.

Known Issues:  

• When using the Android Gmail app on PC to reply to an existing thread, the reply will not contain any fields including recipient’s email, subject or previous thread if included. This issue is fixed for users running Android 11. 
  •   If you update to 20H1 after receiving the app update, launching an app pinned from Start/taskbar may not work. A clean install of 20H1 or newer will not have this issue.
  • Narrator might not work properly for specific apps like Bixby, Camera, AR Zone.
  • Some of the messages may still show in English only
  •  If you don’t have the latest update to the Link to Windows service. Clicking on a notification via toast or in the notifications feed won’t launch the app if no other apps are running via the Your Phone app. You can work around this by opening the app from the app list first or having any other app open before clicking on the notification. This issue is fixed in the latest Link To Windows service (2.1.05.1 or newer) available via the Galaxy Store Beta program.
  • Multiple Apps feature is not currently supported on PCs running Windows on ARM64 processors. Users using ARM64 PCs can still use a single app at a time via previous Apps feature (https://aka.ms/useapps)

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have this all setup and working perfectly but the framerate of the displayed apps is VERY low. There seems to be an artificial limitation in the way the YourPhone app streams that apps, that limits the fps to something like 10-15fps.

This results in very "choppy" experience.

My connection the phone is not slow and over a 5Ghz connection. When I use a competing app which allows app mirroring, the apps are mirrored at the full 60fps rate and feel very native and fluid (please look at vysor.io as an example).

Thank you for reporting this. Please submit your feedback within the app with logs to help us troubleshoot. Would you please share the link to the Feedback Hub item when you have it so, we can look at the logs? Thank you.

Sure thing.

I submitted feedback with logs about this yesterday https://aka.ms/AAa82yf

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks again. We got your feedback however in order to fully investigate your problem, please include a screen capture with your feedback request. Here's how:

1. Open the Your Phone app on your PC. 

2. Go to Settings > Help & Feedback > select the Send feedback button. 

3. Fill out the form, describing the issue with as much detail as you can.

4. In the Add more details section, select Recreate my problem.

5. Select Start recording and repeat the steps you took leading up to the issue. Once captured, select Stop recording.

6. Select Submit to share your feedback with Microsoft.  

Could you please resubmit your feedback with screen capture and share the new link with us? Thanks

Done. I updated the report with a screenshot and log.

Hopefully this helps.

The framerate is low with any app used when streaming an app from the phone.

Thanks again. We are looking into this and will get back to you as soon as we have something to share.

Hi Microsoft,

I am having trouble installing Your Phone App.

I have sent thousand of troubleshoot logs to support team but no reply.

From 13 sept and tryingbto install Your Phone App on windows 10 laptop with no luck and no reply from support.

Please if you can assist.

Hi Rudy,

Need more information like 

What  make and model is your Laptop?

What Windows 10 operating system are you using type winver hit enter and post back the build and version.

Are you installing from here

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/Your-phone/9nmpj99vjbwv#activetab=pivot:overviewtab

What errors are you getting? post the error codes

Windows 10 Insider Page - https://insider.windows.com/en-us/

Hi,

As BryceSor mentioned below we would need more information. If your PC running Windows 10 April 2018 update you would need to install the Your Phone app from the Microsoft Store ( https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/Your-phone/9nmpj99vjbwv#activetab=pivot:overviewtab). Any Windows 10 version after the April 2018 update will have the app preinstalled -> Go to Search on your PC > type in Your Phone > the app will be on the top in the search > click on it and it will open and you can start linking your devices. You can visit our help & learning site: https://aka.ms/ypsupport for more information. Please let us know if you are still having issues.

Thanks

Hi,

My original comment is that I was not able to install Microsoft app having error code communicated to Microsoft support who did not reply to the error code received.

The above reply instruct where and how to find Your Phone App which is already done.

I need a way 

1 - to delete the user settings and delete everything related to it

2- Aquire & download back the App from Microsoft store

3- Try to install it again

Forum Article Info

Last updated November 28, 2020 Views 6,920 Applies to: