Windows push notification has stopped working

Recently I received an update from windows and right after that at the right bottom corner of my screen a text appears Windows 10 Pro Insider preview Evaluation copy Build 17063.rs_prerelease.171213-1610

Well, that's not the main problem, the problem is when the computer starts it shows an error called windows push notification user service has stopped working. Besides different windows store apps are not working. I reinstalled a few and they worked then but most apps didn't. Hope to get a solution from you soon.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization]

Answer
Answer

Hi Azmain,

The issue you're experiencing with the Windows Push Notification System might be due to a corrupted system file. That being said, we advise running the DISM command-line tool and the System File Checker (SFC) tool to help you resolve the issue. These tools allow users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. Follow the steps outlined in this article on how to run the tools.

To help you rectify your concern regarding the Windows Apps, we recommend running the troubleshooter for Windows Apps. This tool will scan and fix your PC for any issues detected with the apps. You can access the troubleshooter from this article.

Let us know the results.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 7, 2024 Views 3,221 Applies to: