Windows Defender Shield Icon gone from the Taskbar Systray

Windows 10 Build 10240, in the last few builds, the shield icon that represents Windows Defender, has vanished from the system tray.  I have checked all settings in the Security, Privacy and Accounts and it appears to be running, I just liked the ease of access to it from the taskbar and its notifications that it was updating or running a system scan.
Answer
Answer

Windows 10 Build 10240, in the last few builds, the shield icon that represents Windows Defender, has vanished from the system tray.  I have checked all settings in the Security, Privacy and Accounts and it appears to be running, I just liked the ease of access to it from the taskbar and its notifications that it was updating or running a system scan.

In my 10240 build, windows defender icon is with hidden icons on taskbar. Look for "^" on taskbar next to power icon.

If "^" or defender icon not there, you may need to reset notification icons. See this url for "Let me fix it myself" instructions (MS troubleshooter will not work for W10 OS).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/945011#bookmark-letmefixitmyself

After build 10240 finished installing I noticed my speaker icon was missing. I applied the above fix and got speaker icon back plus two other icons that I didn't know were missing.

JMarco - InsiderDev, Intel i7-3630QM, 16gb Ram,ASUS K55-A laptop - Insider Dev Build 21390.1, 240GB SSD

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2024 Views 5,016 Applies to: