Windows 10 Technical Preview for PC Build 9962 Feedback

A few weeks ago I install the newest Windows 10 TP build with the idea of checking out what is new, what is good and what needs a fix, but, I install it on a PC without Internet, so, I have no way to directly send feedback with the feedback apps (neither get updates, so I'm stuck with this build untill a newer one cames out), so, here am I. I'm going to make a list first of the things that needs improvements and later a list of things I believe needs to be changed.

PC Hardware Configuration:

Intel Pentium D Dual Core @ 1.6 GHz.
3 GB of RAM DDR2.

NVidia GForce @ 1 GB of RAM DDR3

The OS is installed in an IDE HDD with 120 GB of storage at 4,800 RPM.

A secondary SATA HDD with 80 GB of storage at 4,800 RPM.

-The performance is good enough to work and perform simple tasks like write documents, hear music, watch movies and on the other hand, I can work with heavy duty software like SolidWorks and play some games without trouble like Call of Duty 4 (though this last one is a bit too old). But sometimes the OS freeze itself and respond a moment later even if not doing nothing complex like navigating trough my files or working on a Word document.

-Sometimes when the OS freeze inself, it opens a replicate window of the folder I was in the moment of the freeze.

-There is some lag when I select "eject" on a USB device and the "It's safe to eject the device" message appears in the Notification Center and sometimes in doens't even appear at all.

-The Start Menu sometimes open with some lag when I press the "Start" Button (in the Keyboard or in the Screen) and sometimes doesn't respond quite well, like scrolling down the Tiles or open the full App list.

-The Modern Apps take a long time to open propperly (with some exceptions like the Alarm App) and some of these doesn't work nice, like the XBox Music App.

-If I resize a Modern App, this lags the overall computer and take a lot to render properly the propper information in the App.

-Some parts of the OS are still in English, and I install the Spanish (México) versión.

-The Search Bar in the Task Bar it's laggy and somewhat buggy when it opens. Also, no Cortana outside the US :(

-The Icons in the Tiles of the Start Screen have a really bad resolution if the pined Tiles are from x86/x64 Software.

Now, what I believe needs to be changed:

-Overall the UI is a complete mess, with some little bits of Windows 7 (like some old Icons), a lot more from Windows 8 and what I believe is the concept of the new UI in Windows 10. Two kind of Windows frames, with some UI with the x86/x64 programs and with some other UI with the Modern Apps. Two Settings Screens, it's like having more than one OS. This needs to be optimized and use just one Settings Screen, the same UI for the windows frames and more or less the same UI over all the x86/x64 native Windows Software and the Modern Apps. Long story short, it needs a single and homogeneous UI for all and every corner of Windows.

-The Start Menu in Desktop Mode works quite well, but in Tablet Mode doesn't work the same. Tablet Mode needs to be more like the Windows 8 Start Screen and the Task Bar in Tablet Mode doesn't looks very nice. I believe the scrolling in the Start Menu/Screen change the direction to mimic the Windows 10 for Phones, works, but is confusing after using the Windows 8 Start Screen for so long.

-I hardly believe that Windows 10 needs a lot more of customization on almost every aspect. Windows Vista/7 has a lot of customization, visual effects and a lot more stuff, Windows 8 has the Accent Colors and the Start Screen, but ditch the Aero effect, and this build of Windows 10 has really bad options for customization, the Accent Colors are gone, the Start Menu/Screen fells empty in the background, no longer are the transparency in the Tast Bar (wich looks really nice in Windows 8). I think, that the Users should have a lot more of Options to change this, like the return of the Accent Colors, some Aero effects, transparency in the Start Menu/Screen, some artwork like the artwork in the background of the Start Screen in Windows 8, I don't know, a lot more, and a lot more Options for the Start Menu/Screen, like changing what and what not is pressent on the Left List, oh well, more Options, more Options so this Windows can be the more personal Windows of all.

-Some of the new Icons in the File Explorer have a good desing, but others no, the colors are a bit to explosive and contrastant. And the overall desing doesn't harmonize with the Modern Icons used in Windows Phone or Windows 8.

The changes I'm "asking" are more or less the same: UI Problems and Discrepancies.

I believe there has been a lot more feedback from a really lot more of Insiders, but well, I wanted to help =)

Overall, Windows 10 is going great and I'm waiting for the next build to see what's new!

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Discussion Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 69 Applies to: