Going mad her folks - and yes I have read the wiki articles etc.
- changed Motherboard/Processor/Ram two days ago
- before changing made sure that my digital license is attached to my microsoft account
- at that point was running 10.0.16226.1000
- today auto-upgraded to 10.0.16232.1000
- looking at my Microsoft account I can see both PCs, the one running the old motherboard and the one running
the new as distinct systems
- went to Activation - Troubleshooting
- select "recently changed hardware"
- in the list of devices only my old mobo device is listed
- if I select this as the "current" device I get an activation error again
What I have done so far:
- contact MS chat support - "this is an insider problem we can not help you"
- "slui.exe 4" - not working (slui.exe obviously does work but no with parameter 4)
How can I transfer the digital license from the old mobo device to the new mobo device - I could just delete the old device
but I fear that would delete the digital license as well !