window 10 load but stuck on screensaver,and profile screen

Windows 10 won't load. It goes to screensaver and then stuck on the blue screen with my profile icon. Can't right click , can't alt,ctrl,delete . nothing at all

Hi,

Thank you for updating us on the issue.

As per the issue description I understand that you have an issue with the start screen which is stuck on a blue screen.

To assist you better I would like to know the detail below

• May I know to which build version of Windows 10 technical preview have you upgraded to?

In this situation I would suggest you restart the computer and check if you able to reach the desktop screen.

Method 1:

If the issue persists then I request you to boot the computer in Safe mode with networking with an installation media and check if it works. To perform a Safe mode refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Note: the above article holds good for Windows 10 technical preview also.

If you don’t have an installation media refer the below link to create one.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-create-an-installation-dvd-or-usb-for/b36d6453-beb2-4c26-8889-8f35ad006b67

Method 2:

If it works fine in Safe mode then boot the computer in Clean boot and check which is the third party application that is causing the issue. To do so refer the below link. (Note: the below article holds good for Windows 10 technical preview also)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135/

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Hope this information helps you. Do let us know the status of the issue to assist you better.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Ricky,

You may follow the steps our Engineer suggested you to do.

if you are unable to boot to safemode because you are stuck on the logon page, you may click the Power button located in the lower right of your screen.

This will give you 3 options, Sleep, Shutdown and Restart.

When you have these options, hold down the SHIFT button on the keyboard, then click Restart.

This will take you to the Windows Startup Settings.

From here, choose Troubleshoot> Advanced Options> Startup Settings, this will give you an option to Restart.

After restart, choose the number for Safemode or Safemode with Networking.

check to see if you will be able to go to desktop from there.

let us know if these steps did not work for you.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 11, 2023 Views 9,489 Applies to: