Upgrade from 10041 to 10074 Error 0x80070004

Hello everyone

I cannot upgrade Windows 10 build 10074 from 10041. Every time I get the error code 0x80070004-0x3000B. I had the same problem with the upgrade from 9926 to 10....

After the failed update to version 10041, I had made a fresh install of this version. I have no third party anti-virus program installed. I tried also to remove all external and not needed internal devices. I disconnected all usb devices and tried also a clean boot without success.

I tried to update via Windows update and by creating a bootable USB flash drive and also from a DVD. The Bios and all drivers are up-to-date.

Specs

Intel Core I7 3930K - OC 4.5GHz

Asus Rampage Formula 4

Geforce 980

GSkill 16GB

Regards

Marko

Answer
Answer

Make sure Windows Defender is disabled if you have that enabled.

Make sure all security software is disabled, not just Antivirus, but things like Firewall.

You could try mounting the ISO and try updating that way:

How to: do a build to build upgrade using Windows 10 ISO file

One last resort, is to reduce the installed 16 GBs to a single stick if possible and try again.

Also make sure you have enough free hard disk space.

- Disable General USB Devices (example - Smart Card Reader) - these tend to interfere with setup.

Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Since you already performed a clean installation, why not get the latest ISO for build 10074 and install it?

Download Windows 10 Build 10074 here

Though it is a good thing if this issue will be resolved for other customers as well. If only Microsoft can give us detailed information regarding the error instead of codes that we cannot understand. :)

Lendl C

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 198 Applies to: