Unable to update from build 10130 (Error 0x80242006)

I'm running Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10130 in Finnish. Trying to update my system in Windows Update gives me an error "Lang Pack (Language Features - Basic) Feature On Demand for X64 [fi-FI] – virhe 0x80242006". I tried to solve the error by following the instructions in here.

The error got replaced by another: 0x80080008. I tried to fix it by using method 2 and "Let me fix it myself" here. After this I got the 0x80242006 error again and I'm not sure what to do now.

The system keeps making pop up windows every half an hour or so, telling me that the build I'm using is outdated and the system will crash every few hours.

Answer
Answer

Hi Lina,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons.

1. If Windows Update Database is corrupt.
  2. Due to conflict between third party applications.
  3. If Windows Update service is not started.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that helps.

Method 1:
I would suggest you to
reset Windows update components and check if it helps.

How do I reset Windows Update components?

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base.

Method 2:
If the issue persists, I would suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and then try to download the Windows Updates again.

Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.
How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Refer to the link for additional information.

Troubleshoot problems with installing updates

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 21, 2018 Views 1,615 Applies to: