Tablet mode review

Hello everyone !

First I thank Windows 10 developers team to make the tablet mode available also on PCs with no touch screen.
But the tablet mode in Windows 10 TP gives us a poor experience comparing to Windows 8.1 and here is the most points I want to highlight:
1- In the tablet mode, apps should be opened in FULLSCREEN and not just maximised, dont troll us please !
2- Once the tablet mode enabled, we must have access to these hidden options:

The charms and the app switcher must be enbled in the tablet mode instead of the taskbar.
3- Once the tablet mode enabled, the taskbar must be hidden in the start screen (at least add an option ti hide it, i dont mean the auto-hide the taskbar).
4- The Start Screen:

The start screen in Windows 8.1 was more even much more useful than the one in tablet mode of Windows 10 TP !
        a- The left menu is completely useless in the tablet mode, I really dont use it, I pin all what I want to the start screen so no need to add any hub for "most used" and "Places" and "Recently added", If I want to see these classifications i can move to the bottom of screen and show this (as in Windows 8.1). So please add an option to hide these hubs or remove it once for all.
       b- Same thing with the hub "Explore Windows" I dont want to show it. I just want to organize tiles on my start screen as i like by creating groups that I want. No one know me more than me so give me option to organize my tiles as i want.
       c- Big and unique start screen means moving tiles horizontally and not vertically as i explained in the pictures.
5- Windows should remember which mode I was using and log in this mode automatically.
6- Keep the tablet mode available for all devices even with no touch screen. I use Windows 8.1 on my laptop and I enjoy it, Windows 10 is not interesting for me if it will not give me the same experience of Windows 8.1 or even better.
7- All the previous points i have hilighted can be options to be enabled/disabled by the user and all of it was about the tablet mode, for desktop mode I have nothing to mention its okay.
Thank you for reading and for participating in the discussion :)

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello everyone !

First I thank Windows 10 developers team to make the tablet mode available also on PCs with no touch screen.
But the tablet mode in Windows 10 TP gives us a poor experience comparing to Windows 8.1 and here is the most points I want to highlight:
1- In the tablet mode, apps should be opened in FULLSCREEN and not just maximised, dont troll us please !

The charms and the app switcher must be enbled in the tablet mode instead of the taskbar.
3- Once the tablet mode enabled, the taskbar must be hidden in the start screen (at least add an option ti hide it, i dont mean the auto-hide the taskbar).
4- The Start Screen:

The start screen in Windows 8.1 was more even much more useful than the one in tablet mode of Windows 10 TP !
        a- The left menu is completely useless in the tablet mode, I really dont use it, I pin all what I want to the start screen so no need to add any hub for "most used" and "Places" and "Recently added", If I want to see these classifications i can move to the bottom of screen and show this (as in Windows 8.1). So please add an option to hide these hubs or remove it once for all.
       b- Same thing with the hub "Explore Windows" I dont want to show it. I just want to organize tiles on my start screen as i like by creating groups that I want. No one know me more than me so give me option to organize my tiles as i want.
       c- Big and unique start screen means moving tiles horizontally and not vertically as i explained in the pictures.
5- Windows should remember which mode I was using and log in this mode automatically.
6- Keep the tablet mode available for all devices even with no touch screen. I use Windows 8.1 on my laptop and I enjoy it, Windows 10 is not interesting for me if it will not give me the same experience of Windows 8.1 or even better.
7- All the previous points i have hilighted can be options to be enabled/disabled by the user and all of it was about the tablet mode, for desktop mode I have nothing to mention its okay.

I don't even try it or want too. I use a pc and don't want a tablet OS on my pc.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Hello everyone !

4- The Start Screen:

I don't even try it or want too. I use a pc and don't want a tablet OS on my pc.

Well that is good for you but many touch screen users would like the ability to have a true tablet experience.  I guess you could say we don't want a PC OS on our tablets.  I agree with this user, Win 10 tablet mode is poorly implemented when compared to Win 8.1.  Having the ability to configure tablet mode to function more like Win 8.1 would go a long way in increasing Windows 10 acceptance.  Until that happens I like many, am sticking with 8.1.  If it never happens, sad to say the next tablet purchase will be Android or Apple.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Maybe this link will help to continue the discussion:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_desktop/windows-10-tablet-mode-experience-is-much-worse/5b7d6882-8069-45b1-b2b9-c206957410f8

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 466 Applies to: