SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

I'm getting an loop on start up with the error "System_thread_exception_not_handled" when it runs a self-diagnosis.  It attempts a repair and just loops over and over again.

I've tried to get into Safe mode but with no success, I'm running 9926 and it just completed some updates ideally I'd like to get into safe mode and do a restore but at this point my PC is a brick.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jarrett

Question Info

Last updated May 22, 2018 Views 462 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi James,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Glad to know that you are now able to get to desktop. Your efforts to work on this issue is very much appreciated.

You may not find the updated drivers on the device manufacturer’s website. In such a situation you have to download the latest available driver and install it in compatibility mode to check if this helps. Compatibility mode installs the driver using settings from the previous version of Windows.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Keep us informed to help you further.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Jarrett Decker,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

As Windows 10 Technical Preview is still in developmental stage, you may expect some compatibility issues as of now and some features or settings might not work as expected.

I recommend you join the Windows Insider Program to get more frequent preview builds and send your feedback straight to the people building Windows.

Once you’re an Insider, use the Windows Feedback app to tell us which features you love, which features you could do without, or if something could have been even better.

Refer to this article by “Nirmal S” to know more on “How to share feedback on Windows 10 Technical Preview?” : http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_tp-winipp/how-to-share-feedback-on-windows-10-technical/5e501781-a580-43e3-8926-40ae19343805

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.