Spinning cogs on update

I tried updating Lumia 920 to Windows 10. I am stuck at spinning cogs screen for several days. I have looked at all forum Qs and As here, although there do not seem to be good As. 

A hard reset will not work. I have tried three software packages (Windows Phone Recovery Tool, NSU for retail, Nokia Care Suite) but none will connect to the phone. 

Has anybody successfully resolved this program? While I have seen the various programs recommended, I have not seen somebody report a successful repair?

Disappointing for what seems like a not uncommon issues. 

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have an issue upgrading to Windows 10. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would like to know the detail below to assist you better.

• What is the Operating System installed on the phone?

If you are already in Windows Insider preview builds. I would like to inform you that Windows 10 Insider Previews are still in development stage (testing environment), certain features might not work in the usual manner. We are looking forward to improve it and provide the best possible customer experience in the latest coming builds.

I suggest you to use the Windows Feedback app to send your thoughts directly to the team building Windows.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-updates-feedback-phone

Keep us posted on the issue to assist you further.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi

Thanks for this. 

The phone is Windows Phone 8 (8.10.14219)

I never got to see the new operating system (preview) because the phone got stuck in the upgrade. 

I would be grateful for early information on whether I can remedy the situation as the phone has been out of action for a few days now. 

Thank you. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 21, 2018 Views 75 Applies to: