Keyboard Shortcuts for New Multitasking Features

Does anyone know any good keyboard shortcuts for some of these new multitasking features? Specifically relating to the multiple desktops and such. I've been messing around a little bit and figured I'd post what I've figured out.

I've noticed that the standard Alt-Tab simply switches between all programs regardless of desktop while Windows-Tab (Oh Windows-Tab, they can never decide what to do with you - Windows 7: Fancy Aero switcher, Windows 8: The Metro/Modern task switcher, etc.) shows the programs grouped into their respective desktops. Once in the Windows-Tab menu, arrow keys seem to move the selection around, and the tab key allows you to move the selection down to the area with the multiple desktops, after which hitting enter either switches to the program you have selected or the desktop you have selected.

Also, once in the Windows-Tab switcher, right clicking a window and selecting "move to" allows to switch windows between your desktops, but has anyone managed to figure out if there're a keyboard shortcuts for managing windows between desktops?

Answer
Answer

Win+Ctrl <- = Switch to previous desktop

Win+Ctrl -> = Switch to next desktop

Does anyone know how to to a particular desktop (ie switch from desktop 1 to desktop 4)?

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 8, 2023 Views 281 Applies to: