How to fix my Lumia 925 while updating to Windows 10?

I updated my Nokia Lumia 925 to Windows 10 last night after enrolling the Windows Insider Program. I thought the battery life was enough to finish the update. Unfortunately, the battery got depleted and the update was not finished.

When I finally have a charger connected to my device, I thought that update will continue as smoothly as expected. However, the phone wont turn on instead it shows the updating screen (two gears -- one big, one small). After a minute showing that screen, the phone automatically restarts. And it goes back to that gear screen again. This has been the cycle of my phone for over 5 hours now.

The worst thing is, my phone cannot charge even a single battery bar. I guess the update consumes so much power that the wall charger cannot catch up to the power requirement. It cannot turn on and I cannot use it again normally I do everyday.

Good thing my files (especially the pictures) are backed up on my One Drive. So, I resorted to restarting my phone manually as I saw in the troubleshooting guide -- the one that plays with the power and volume buttons. Unfortunately, I cannot see that exclamatory point on my screen. That gear screen just keep on showing up after the Nokia Logo.

Here are some screenshots of the only screens I can see on my phone:

I really don't want to lose my phone. I have spent so much for this and it has great sentimental value. I have always been a fan of Nokia cameras for it is very useful in making my video projects. The Microsoft software help me a lot in doing paperworks in work and graduate school.

Is there any way to cancel the update? Or, is there any way to charge my phone without turning it on? Is it possible to open the phone and charge only the battery?

Please don't let me down Nokia and Microsoft! :(

Moderator's note: Moved to appropriate board.

Answer
Answer
Lumia 1520.3 Surface RT

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 21, 2018 Views 744 Applies to: