How to Create a Fully Automatic Dial-up Internet Connection in Windows 10?

Hello

I have been trying to find a solution in order to be able to set my PC to automatic connect to internet ones is re-powered on.

If i connect with WiFi i have no problem, but unfortunately im connecting to my modem using a Broadband connection witch means Dial-up and that makes me louse a lot of time as i have to go to setting, system, network & internet, Dial-up + finally click connect (5 steps)

Thanks 4 your answer & BR

Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections

Thanks Jhon b but going there it wont give you the AUTOMATIC DIAL-UP connection setting!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Here's the solution that worked for me:

Method 1

1. Open Task scheduler (searching for 'task' in Windows 8 will show you the option for "Schedule Tasks")
  2. Click Create Basic Task
  3. Give a name and description; "connect to the internet" will suffice, click Next
  4. Choose When the computer starts, click Next
  5. Choose Start a program, click Next
  6. For what to run, type in rasdial
  7. For Arguments, enter <connection name> <user name> <password>, without the brackets. So if the PPPoE connection you have configured is called 'Broadband Connection', and you have user name 'janedoe', with password 'truffles456', your Arguments field would be "Broadband Connection" janedoe truffles456 (note the quotes are required for any name with a space in it)
  8. Click Next
  9. Select Open the Properties dialog for this task when I click finish, click finish.
  10. On the general tab, select Run whether user is logged on or not, and change the 'Configure for' field to Windows 8.1; click ok
  11. Enter your password (since this is running before you actually log in)
  12. Exit task scheduler, and restart - all done!

(if you have doubts about your command entered in step 7, you can verify rasdial works by simply opening a command prompt, and typing in the command used for the batch file below - it should connect you to the internet, and if it doesn't, it will likely give you an error message of some sort)

Method 2

Another method is to make a batch file, say 'auto_connect.bat', in your startup folder (c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup), and type the command rasdial "Broadband Connection" janedoe truffles456. The problem with this is it runs with all other applications on startup, so if you also launch a web browser window going to 'MSN.com', assuming the browser launches before the connection has completed, you will get some sort of error 'not connected to the internet' and have to refresh. Having it as a scheduled task on startup means it happens before most other startup tasks. Note there are obviously some security considerations with this, so use either of these methods only if you are in a trusted environment!

Method 3 and by far the easiest one

And i found this program who  takes care of all with out having to create tasks or Bat files that works very well shame on Microsoft !!!

ReConnect

http://www.softpedia.com/dyn-postdownload.php/0185ed03feb26bfb69580ee4cb19a324/54eb1daa/c0fa/4/2#download

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How can i configure the trigger to when i connect my modem or when i open google chrome. I saw internet explorer but not google chrome.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 6,827 Applies to: