How do I uninstall Flash from Windows 10?

How do I uninstall Flash from Windows 10?  The Flash plugin in Chrome has a propensity to crash if there are two flash players running at the same time trying to parse the data.  There's only one installed in Chrome -- a single plugin:

Adobe Flash Player Version: 15.0.0.152
Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
Name: Shockwave Flash
Description: Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
Version: 15.0.0.152
Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\38.0.2125.101\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll
Type: PPAPI (out-of-process)
  Disable
MIME types:
MIME type Description File extensions
application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash
.swf
application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player

.spl

But there's also one installed in Windows.  When I hit the Windows 10 Windows button (Start button), then type in "Flash" I get an Adobe Flash with an app-like icon next to it, but right clicking on it does nothing.  Left clicking brings up a "Flash Player Settings Manager".  I don't see Flash (or Shockwave or anything Adobe) in the Uninstall menu in the Control Panel.  When I click the Start/Windows button then click the All Apps dropdown, I don't see Flash listed there.  But it still seems to be installed somewhere.  So how do I uninstall it?  I can't find an unambiguous list of every installed app that lets me choose what to uninstall.

Question Info

Last updated December 9, 2018 Views 70,273 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Flash is integrated into IE and it's nothing to worry about. 

8 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That's not quite true.  I've already gone in and uninstalled Internet Explorer.

Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features

Turn Windows features on or off

Then I unchecked Internet Explorer 11.  IE shouldn't exist on my computer anymore.

I'm not concerned about Flash as a security leak, I'm concerned that it keeps **** up my Chrome pages.  I shouldn't be stuck with a malfunctioning Adobe Flash installation, I should be able to delete it if I want.

253 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

14 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

IE isn't uninstalled from your computer. If the flash isn't showing up in your Chrome plugins the browser isn't seeing it. You're worrying about something that's not a problem.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Banaticus, is technically correct, in that you have turned the feature off, the program data is still on your computer, but because you have turned it 'off', the program is no longer working or using up any resources on your PC, for all practical purposes it is  'un-installed'.

The 'Flash' element in Internet Explorer is devised and develop specifically by MS for IE, it has nothing to do with 'Adobe' and because you have turned IE 'off', the MS Flash is not running and is not causing interference with your Chrome installation.

If you did not have Chrome installed you would have no requirement to install Adobe / Shochwave Flash, unless you had another browser installed that required it ie: Firefox.

If 'flash' is causing a problem contact Chrome support.

A computer is a device, that requires human input to operate efficiently.
Alas we humans do fail!!!!

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

He's referring to the problem that can occur when an NPAPI plugin is also installed along with the PPAPI flash plugin that is included with Chrome. The flash in IE isn't going to cause a conflict with Chrome regardless if you have IE disabled or not.

·

Sorry this didn't help.

"integrated into IE and it's nothing to worry about." ??? Except that I am using Edge and cannot get Flash to uninstall. Also: Microsoft Update keeps trying to install an update for I.E., and it throws an error: 80004005

10 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Banaticus,

I received a email about your post today 9-22-2015. The flash player settings manager you get when you do a windows search should be located in Original (windows 7) Control Panel / System and Settings bottom of page.

Windows 10 installs flash player with absolutely no means of uninstalling it. I even tried third party uninstallers. Even when you turn it off through edge it is still active on your computer because you open IE11 and flash is active in that browser. You can turn of activeXfilters or delete flash from Manage add-ons in IE11, but flash is still installed on your computer. Your ahead of the game because you've uninstall IE.

The flash uninstaller won't uninstall flash player from windows 10.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

I went ahead and ran it anyway. If you follow the instruction from step 3. and manually delete the content from those folders flash will be removed from your computer.

I had to change the permissions of those folders and their content in order to delete them. For the average user that is a complete nightmare!!!

Or it was for me at least.

I am now getting Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3087040) - Error 0x800f0922 from windows 10 updates.

My thread from August 2015:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/cannot-unistall-flash-player-windows-10/5bbc0771-79f9-4114-911b-b1be837fc933

21 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Same issue here.  All movies (in any web browser or programs like movie player and Picassa) were freezing so I uninstalled flash.  Now getting the same update error

Sorry this didn't help.

Last week, I removed the Adobe Flash player because a security issues was flagged (by Secunia PSI), and I wasn't using IE or Flash.

Yesterday (10/2/2015), I experienced the following errors:

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following updates with error 0x800F0922:
    Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3093266).
    Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3087040).

After multiple reboots during which updates were installed, then uninstalled, I gave up. I downloaded and installed the Adobe Flash Player, then tried again to install the Windows 10 updates. After reboot, the first error went away, but the IE error remained. But, after one more try, all the updates successfully installed.

My system does not function well when Windows 10 updates fail. I can live with Flash; I just don't use it. Maybe some of you are in the same boat.

·

Sorry this didn't help.