Guidance to prepare for installation of Windows 10

I have a Asus VivoTab Smart ME400C 10.1" Windows 8.1 tablet and would like to try on Windows 10.  Is it qualified to upgrade to Windows 10?  If so, how can I conduct the upgrade.  I have downloaded Windows 10 ISO file.  The tablet has a microSD card slot and micro USB port for external connection.  Your guidance is appreciated.  Thanks!

Hi Scott,

Thank you for posting your query in Windows 10 Technical Preview.

As per the system specification your PC can be upgraded to Windows 10, however please note as of now Windows 10 is in development stage and is not the final version and using it on your Work PC is not recommended.

If you would like to install Windows 10, please refer to the suggestions provided by Andre Da Costa from the link below:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-upgrade-from-previous-versions-of-windows/31722b30-1da9-42bb-b331-0edc4649bf43

Hope this helps, do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I honestly would suggest you avoid installing Windows 10 on your Tablet right now. You are likely to encounter the following issue:

When I try to upgrade, I receive the following error message: Windows can't be installed because this PC uses a compressed operating system. What can I do?

Important notes

• Some PC processors and hardware configurations aren’t supported by Technical Preview, including a small number of older, 64-bit CPUs, and some 32 GB and all 16 GB devices running a compressed operating system.

Source: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-faq-system-requirements-pc

Update: Microsoft officials have confirmed support in Windows 10 build 10041 and later. Some users continue to experience problems when attempting to install on low storage devices. This will continue to be refined as we approach the final release.

Learn more: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/03/16/how-windows-10-achieves-its-compact-footprint/

Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Is there any forum discussion about the upgrade on the same model?  I do not want to have too much trouble for this trial test.  The major attraction to me for Windows 10 is the design for touch friendly experience that Windows is far behind the market.  If it is still no marked improvement, I will not bother any more on Windows OS that makes me disappointed for long.  My latest computers are all touch friendly design but Windows never catches up in this area.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There are forum discussions stating quite vehemently that Windows 10 has ruined the touch interface, and that Windows 8 or 8.1 are much better.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_desktop/windows-10-tablet-mode-experience-is-much-worse

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There are forum discussions stating quite vehemently that Windows 10 has ruined the touch interface, and that Windows 8 or 8.1 are much better.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_desktop/windows-10-tablet-mode-experience-is-much-worse

Microsoft spent too much time to just catch up the touch interface on Surface Pro 3 and going to introduce Surface Pro 4 in order to complete with Apple or Samsung.  We all expect Windows 10 is the one to be comparable with her competitors.  If your comments are true, Microsoft makes everyone disappointed.  I recently bought Lumia 930 and has been using for one month.  It is not too bad but definitely cannot compare with Apple and Android.  I have been used Palm, CE, Apple, Android and Windows mobile phones The best may be the third one on the market.  Needless to say, much better than Palm and CE mobile phones.

If Windows 10 does not catch the level of touch interface of Apple and Samsung, no one will give any chance to Windows any more.  Touch interface does not mean to change the use of mouse to finger.  It also introduce smart user experience.  The machine knows what you are doing and responds promptly and accurately.  Currently, Windows 8.1 uses both modern UI and desktop mode due to rubbish software of designing in half way of both finger and mouse control UI.  If Windows 10 is worse than Windows 8.1, I have not interest in testing it at all.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 12, 2023 Views 1,914 Applies to: