Feedback Hub and Settings Insider error CAA5004B

When using the Windows Insider Settings and the feedback hub I get a response to fix my insider account - when I launch the fix I get an error code CAA5004B - The feedbackhub simply loops this error until I have to end task on it. 

and 

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Have you gone to Settings, Account, and verified your account?

Have you set your Diagnostics to full?

-----------
If this answers your question - Then mark it so. Then others may find it.
---------------
Around computers
since 1952
lacrumb

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, it has happened twice with my azure ad account - when I logout using this account, the machine show bad password when it attempts to logon and the account is no longer able to access the computer.  a local account works fine.  If I reset the computer completely through recovery I can relogin without issue

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issue.

What do you mean by reset the computer completely.

I added local accounts after installing the update so Recovery will not let me uninstall the update.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Basically factory resetting the Device was the only way to renable it.  Was your machine initially added to azure AD?  I tried to troubleshoot it and it appears as though it cannot logon as windows hello requires a Pin but cannot be set - I blogged about it here https://www.onthewinside.com/blog/navigating-windows-insider-18317-issues

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I initially setup my machine on AzureAD so I didn't even have a local account. I also renamed my computer after joining AzureAD.

I tried "Go back to the previous version of Windows 10", but Windows would not allow it because I had added the local account after installing the update. I may try the reset instead, maybe I will have better luck with that.

Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having this problem, too (also on AzureAD). It is affecting Windows Hello PIN, in addition to the Feedback Hub. PIN configuration in the Settings app says, "something went wrong". Also, after the first login, my password will no longer work.

I've been able to restore to a previous version to work around the issue, but each re-update causes the same problems.

FWIW: I'm on 18323

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had this problem again on my Surface Pro 3 azure ad joined and account only- I had renamed the computer after joining it and I believe this combination with enforcing a AzureAD pin may have some relation to this problem.  The only fix - and I confirm this fix worked again - was a complete reset, not a restore but a complete wipe - not ideal but this was my only way out. After a complete reset 18232 works with out issue Re joined to AzureAD (Without a post rename) and I confirm all is functioning with Windows Hello and Pin just great!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have exactly the same experience, basically got locked out of my Surface Book as I only use Azure AD logon, so rebuild and back to 18323 and I can logon with my password, Hello keeps saying it has to have a pin, but that is how I set it up. And to add to this, my Office 365 account cannot be added to Outlook as it fails with CAA5004B, and mail keeps prompting me to fix my account with the same result of CAA5004B.

I have reverted to using outlook.office.com for email and am hoping this is a build issue and the next update fixes it. Thankfully everything is stored in a few onedrives.

Also my Windows Hello and PIN worked fine for a day or so after the rebuild, but now both don't work, so make sure you have a second account to logon or be prepared for yet another rebuild.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I created this issue in the FeedBackHub a couple weeks ago can you guys upvote it to see if we can get some traction? https://aka.ms/AA3ye8k 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I figured out a solution as to what has exactly happened with this CAA5004B error - The upgrade has been unjoining the machine from Azure AD!  Its a detailed but working solution  Check out the full post here https://www.onthewinside.com/blog/i-figured-out-error-code-caa5004b I have validated on 2 machines that solution works - If anyone else could use this method to confirm I would happy - Let me know thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 26, 2021 Views 19 Applies to: