Drawing a Straight Line (2D) in Paint 3D - No Tool Displayed

Just got Creator Update, and was loving Paint 3D until it became obvious it was missing something. Drawing a straight line seems like it would be considered a very basic tool in any paint program, so I can't imagine its buried away from the forefront and only visible within certain contexts - but I could be wrong. 

Thanks for any info or tips.

Just got Creator Update, and was loving Paint 3D until it became obvious it was missing something. Drawing a straight line seems like it would be considered a very basic tool in any paint program, so I can't imagine its buried away from the forefront and only visible within certain contexts - but I could be wrong. 

Thanks for any info or tips.

Hi,

The tool to draw a straight line in 3D Paint is currently not available, we suggest sending your valuable feedback through Microsoft Feedback Hub app. To get the app, please click here.

As a workaround, you may hold Shift key + left click of the mouse to draw a straight line.

Regards.

38 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

There is also the workaround of using the 2d shape tool, the square/rectangle shape, and then just making it thin to the point of a line. It's not the best either, but its an option.

There are line adjustments/ pen stabilizing tools from other third party apps but those you'd have to find on your own because I'm not sure of compatibility yet, this early.

Despite everything it's Chisk me. *You are filled with DISCOMFORT

71 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 49,586 Applies to: