Can't login because of Windows 10 Bluetooth Security Tag

One day my old USB Bluetooth adapter started to work again when I deleted old Bluetooth drivers but when my Bluetooth started to work again this "Bluetooth Security Tag" came to login screen and I lost the ability to login with password. The login screen has "password" option, but its only for one of the users and that's very problematic because I can't use my own account at all. I can't change the account at "password" option. The other account is only option.

I want to disable this "Bluetooth Security Tag" feature and keep bluetooth. I tried to find help online, but all solutions I could find disables my bluetooth at the process so I want to get better solution to this problem.

***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

Answer
Answer

Reboot your computer and while it is booting press [shift] & [F8] keys (a few times if you miss it)

and you should get prompted by a blue menu screen (not blue crash screen) and you can select

[Troubleshoot]

[Advanced options]

[Startup settings]

[Restart]

4. Enable Safe mode  

5. Enable safe mode with networking

try either of these by pressing number 4 or 5 and see if you can login without Bluetooth errors.

If you can login

You can also try to connect a USB and copy your data while you are in safe mode.

While in safe mode - right-click start, control panel, administrative tools

Services

Click on the Bluetooth services, and set startup type for each Bluetooth service

to DISABLED & apply.

reboot your pc and try to login normally.

Right-click start, device Manager

Uninstall all Bluetooth drivers and hardware.

Then click action - scan for hardware changes and let windows reinstall Bluetooth

16 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 10, 2024 Views 6,879 Applies to: