build 9926 - The user name or password is incorrect. Try again.

build 9926 - The user name or password is incorrect. Try again.

I have automatic sign-on set with the "control userpasswords2".

My system was updated using the "Update and recovery" and preview selection under build 9879.  ( I do not see a preview selection under build 9926 now ). 

When I boot build 9926 it shows "Other user", The user name or password is incorrect.  Try again.

Help!

Hi Larry,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

Please answer this question to get more clarity on this issue.

• Are you able to sign in using the same credentials on a different computer?

Windows also has On-Screen Keyboard (OSK), an Ease of Access tool. You can use OSK instead of relying on the physical keyboard to type and enter data.

Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/type-with-the-on-screen-keyboard

Keep us informed to help you further.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Please answer this question to get more clarity on this issue.

• Are you able to sign in using the same credentials on a different computer?

Keep us informed to help you further.

I do not know any credentials named "Other user" on any of my computers.

I end up click OK and then selecting a 3rd key symbol that lets me sign on to my Microsoft account.

I do not know why automatic sign on is even presenting me with this screen.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I did the control userpasswords2 again and noticed that it was not presenting me with my Microsoft account name so I changed it to use my Microsoft account name and password and now the automatic sign in works.

I would mark this as the answer but I do not get the option to do so for myself.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Larry,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Glad to know that the automatic sign in works now. Your efforts to work on this issue is very much appreciated.

As Windows 10 Technical Preview is still in developmental stage, you may expect some compatibility issues as of now and some features or settings might not work as expected.

As this is in developmental stage, ensure to keep the computer up to date with all Windows Updates. Windows Update is a package which provides a collection of performance and reliability improvements. Windows Update helps keep your PC safer—and your software current—by fetching the latest security and feature updates from Microsoft via the Internet.

Important updates help improve the security of Windows and your computer, and they should be installed. Optional updates often are updated device drivers or program updates that aren't critical to their operation. You can install optional drivers if they add features (such as additional languages) or if you are having problems with an existing device or program.

To “check for updates” for other software programs and devices that do not appear in Windows Update, go to the software publisher's or manufacturer's website.

Feel free to post your questions here and we will be glad to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 334 Applies to: