Broken live tile: News Live Tiles. Rushed to market?

News Live Tiles is a washout. I’ve attempted to begin by selecting the two English language news sources within the app, BBC.co.uk and CNN.com. Though all the Pin blanks fill themselves in properly when one of these sources is selected, nothing happens when “pin to start,” apparently the enter key for such operations, is tapped. No entries are listed in Start or All Apps.

However, News Live Tile believes it has successfully installed apps from the Collection by listing update data in its Settings for apps that have never appeared on my PC. Refreshing the Microsoft Store in Powershell and reinstalling News Live Tiles accomplishes nothing.

I’m suspicious of a blank space in the News Live Tiles app itself. The arrangement of “Search Image” and “Pin to Start” buttons seems odd. Should other commands be listed there? It’s even more frustration to discover that the link to report a broken tile within News Tiles Live opens an Outlook 2016 email blank with no recipient address. Looks like this product was rushed to market despite serious shortcomings. 

Windows 10 Pro
Version 1809
Installed on 11.10.2018
OS Build 17763.165

I can't comment because I haven't used it, but have you reported this in the Feedback Hub?
If my post answers your question or is helpful, please mark it as so. Thank you.
John the Pilot

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 57 Applies to: